If you are an explorer who likes to go off the road in search of new destinations, you must own an ATV. And if you own an ATV, you definitely need the best ATV tires for it.
Off-road enthusiasts prefer an ATV nowadays over regular SUVs. And they have multiple reasons for it. For starters, ATVs are smaller and more fun for adventurers. They are more like a motorbike than a car and keep the thrill of the drive alive.
Now if you want to drive off in an ATV on muddy terrain, you are going to need the best ATV tires for your vehicle too. Your vehicle will have to deal with a variety of terrains and weather conditions and these are designed keeping in mind the needs of tire drivers that must emphasize precise handling along with tremendous grip.
Why do you need specific tires for ATV?
When you get an ATV, you’re never sure in which conditions you’ll be driving it. So even when you get the best snow tires, you may face a problem when the snow melts down and the tires start consuming more fuel to drive through puddles. Or if you are living in the countryside, the muddy tracks after the ice thaws can pose a major issue for drivers.
You need tires that offer many splendid features ranging from an aggressive tread pattern to excellent off-road performance. While getting all-season tires can do the trick for some vehicles, it is not always advisable for an ATV. You need tires that work exceptionally well in freezing conditions and deliver ample traction in snow. In addition, they should help the driver ride muddy paths at high speeds.
This is where these specific tires designed for ATV jump in. The best ATV tires offer both stability and traction and can also prove useful for normal road driving. They can handle both wet gravel and muddy terrains. An ATV tire gives you the best driving experience on hard-packed surfaces. It is durable and offers outstanding stability on worn-out roads.
Here we have gathered the best ATV tires for you along with their review. If you specifically need ATV tires for snow, check it out here.
Review of the best ATV tires
No matter if it is a wet trail or a muddy road, ITP Mud Lite II ATV/UTV tires will carry you safely through it. With that said, these ATV tires are perfect for everyone who is not sure where they want to take their ATV to as these tires are suitable for almost all kinds of terrains.
ITP Mud Lite II ATV/UTV tires are tough and durable with a 6-ply rating. So whether you are an aggressive driver or a relaxed one, this will fit your need. On top of it, they won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
Now as to how these tires make for one of the best ATV tires. ITP Mud Lite II ATV/UTV tires offer both stability and traction. The redesigned tread pattern helps the driver to ride muddy paths at high speeds. Above all of it, these tires can also prove useful for normal road driving.
The only drawback ITP Mud Lite II tires face is they are not the best ATV mud tires which is almost negligible. That is why they rank first on the list of the best ATV tires.
- Suited for hard-backed surfaces
- Amazing highway performance
- Not highly expensive
- Stability and durability
- Excellent performance on a muddy path
- 3/4 inch lug
- Sized for use on most late-model
- high-performance sport ATV's
- Extended-wear rubber compound for even longer life and better value
- Revolutionary all-conditions tire: it's a 6-ply mud tire that's designed for the trail
What if we tell you that there is an ATV tire that ensures better traction than ITP Mud Lite II ATV/UTV tires?
Kenda Bearclaw K299 features angled knobs to dig into the terrain for maximum traction. It can handle both wet gravel and muddy terrains. In fact, you’ll find that the mud traction of this ATV mud tire to be better than ITP Mud Lite II tires.
The center lugs provide extra traction and better control while the built-in rim guard protects your wheel from dings and dents. It also has an extra-tough casing to resist punctures.
The company specifically mentions that these tires are not for highway use. That means you can not have a normal ride on the road with them. This is the only department where Kenda Bearclaw K299 lags behind ITP Mud Lite II in the list of the best ATV tires.
- Perfect for muddy roads
- Suited for all weather conditions
- Amazing grip and traction
- Durable and stable
- Not good for a normal drive
- Angled knobs dig into the terrain for maximum traction.
- Center lugs provide extra traction and better control.
- Built-in rim guard protects your wheel from dings/dents.
- Long-range tread compound.
If you need the best ATV tires that are fast, check out Interco Swamp Lite. These tires ensure smooth driving on all surfaces.
The V-forward tread pattern with vertical center lugs helps make your ATV fast. You can take your vehicle on gravel or mud at a speed close to that of racing cars. The Interco Swamp Lite ATV tires are durable with good traction for snowy roads too.
However, you will find that these tires are not the perfect choice for swamps. It is not that bad but there is always a probability of getting stuck if push it too hard. Also, you might witness sped-up wear when the tires ride on hard-packed surfaces which the manufacturers should look into if they want to rank higher on any list of the best ATV tires.
- Fast and smooth drive
- Amazing traction in gravel and dirt
- Compatible with all weather conditions
- Not suitable for deeper mud
- Accelerated wear on hard-packed surfaces
When you think of the best ATV tires, bulky tires immediately come to mind but this tire defies your expectations. SunF A027 ATV tire is 30% lighter than the regular ATV tires you can find within this budget. So, even if you need to change your tire once in a blue moon it won’t be a heavy workload.
The lightweight construction also improves the performance of the tires and saves fuel. SunF A027 ATV tires give you the best driving experience on hard-packed surfaces. It is durable and offers outstanding stability on worn-out roads. This feature can be attributed to the premium rubber in its hard compound that can withstand the harshest racing conditions.
The SunF A027 ATV tires come with a knobby tread pattern. This enhances the traction but also hinders the performance of the tires in deep mud. It also provides added protection to the rim and sidewall. So the mention in the list of the best ATV tires.
- Lightweight design
- Durability and stability
- Enhanced traction
- Amazing performance on hard-packed surfaces
- Can not compete with an ATV mud tire
- Front Size: 22x7-10 - Rear Size: 20x11-9 | Wheel (Rim) Diameter: Front 10 in - Rear 9 in
- Directional "X" angled knobby tread design great in most terrain with high performance on trails. Features premium rubber in our hard compound to withstand the harshest racing conditions. A perfect replacement tire for your quad ATV, UTV, Go Kart, Golf Cart or Lawn Mower.
- Heavy 6 ply rated construction resists punctures and abrasions.
- Lug depth and pattern offers enhanced skid and traction control, great in cross country or desert conditions. Aggressive shoulder knobs provide superb side bite and traction with added protection to rim and sidewall.
- Type: Tubeless; Rim(s) NOT included. Prior to purchase, please check the size of the original tire on your vehicle to ensure the size of the tire to be purchased is correct.
Another ATV tire is both stable and fast. Carlisle All Trail ATV Tire provides you with a better grip on rocks and gravel. You can take this all-rounder tire for a drive in the grass or soil fields too.
Carlisle All Trail ATV Tire offers both safety and speed. Its tread pattern with numerous grooves ensures that you can drive it on almost all kinds of surfaces. The ATV tires have a low, wide profile for reduced soft wallowing chassis roll. In addition, it is DOT-approved, so you can ride it with no worries.
Like everything, these ATV tires have certain drawbacks too. For starters, they are only suitable for light mud. If you push too hard in a swamp, chances are you might get stuck. There are also a few people who find Carlisle All Trail ATV Tire expensive. And they are quite right too. Carlisle All Trail ATV Tires cost more than their competitors. But they also offer better traction and safety, so it makes up for the price.
- Damage resistant construction
- All trail tire
- Safety and Durability
- Not perfect for heavily muddied areas
- Not cheap
- ATVs, Utility Vehicles, Side by Side Vehicles and Fun-Karts
- Made in Italy
- Package Height: 10.1"
- Package Length: 24.8"
- Fit type: Universal Fit
EFX’s ATV tire owes its popularity to its detailed design that makes it a splendid companion for both hard surfaces and dirt. Thanks to its strong lugs, you can take it on a drive on rocks, dirt, or gravel.
EFX MotoClaw Radial has an outstanding tread pattern for smooth drive and splendid traction too. The grip is too amazing to ignore. Be it gravel or mud, the ATV mud tire guarantees you a safe drive.
Proving to be an all-rounder EFX MotoClaw Radial is durable and tough too. It also proves to be a great tire for the highway. This makes it one of the best ATV tires. However, all these amazing features come with an expensive price tag.
- For all surfaces
- Smooth and safe drive
- Tough and durable
- Perfect for normal drives too
- Highly expensive
- There is no comparison to an EFX Tire.
- It took decades of manufacturing experience and trail knowledge and created a brand new, industry changing tire.
- The MotoClaw is like nothing else out there from its distinctive sidewall styling, unique non-directional tread pattern, incredibly strong rubber compound and a rugged, radial carcass.
- The MotoClaw comes standard with incredibly strong lugs, spaced precisely right to provide a smooth ride under the most intense terrain.
- This ATV tire will climb rocks, grab roots, latch on to side ruts and perform in light mud.
While its competitors are still offering a 6-ply rating, GBC Kanati Mongrel has emerged as a winner with a 10-ply rating. Not many tire manufacturers can deliver this. And that alone warrants a place for GBC Kanati Mongrel on the list of the best ATV tires.
The ATV tire owing to its toughness makes for an excellent companion on hard-packed surfaces. In addition, you can also drive it on wet or muddy surfaces. It has an aggressive tread pattern with exceptional grip and traction.
GBC Kanati Mongrel has an improved sidewall for greater puncture resistance. Its carcass is re-engineered to increase the durability of the tire. And finally, it is DOT approved so you won’t get in trouble with the authorities.
- 10-ply construction
- DOT approved
- Greater puncture resistance
- Reliable and durable
- Deep mud performance still needs improvement
- Championship ATV/UTV Performance.
- GBC Motorsports continues to push forward in the world of UTV tires with the release of the popular Kanati Mongrel tire in 10-ply rated construction.
- Available in all current sizes, the new 10-ply rated Mongrel will provide drivers with an improved sidewall for greater puncture resistance, a smoother ride, and increased overall reliability.
- Now four years after its 2012 debut, with the growing size and increasing horsepower of modern sport UTVs, the new 10-ply rated Kanati Mongrel radial tire features a re-engineered carcass and sidewall all while keeping the tire weight to a minimum.
- Mongrel tires are sure to remain the preferred choice of professional and recreational drivers.
If we are talking about the best ATV tires Kenda Executioner deserves a mention. This tire is specially designed for the muddiest terrains. Where many tires face hurdles in deep mud, Kenda Executioner ensures a smooth ride.
Thanks to reinforced knobs, Kenda Executioner can ride comfortably by reducing knob rollover at low pressure. This also increases the tread life of the tire. In addition, you can drive on sand and hard-packed surfaces both.
Kenda Executioner has a dimpled tread surface for improved traction on drier conditions. So whether you are on a dry grassland or in puddles of mud, the ATV mud tire provides the required traction.
- Perfect for deep mud
- Safe drive
- Amazing traction and grip
- Not good enough for highway
- Designed to meet the demands of the muddiest 4x4 riding terrain
- Tread design for deep down traction, even in the muddiest conditions
- Reinforced knobs to reduce knob rollover at low pressure, improve ride comfort and increase tread life
- Dimpled tread surface for improved traction on drier conditions
- 6-ply rated with extra tough casing resists punctures
9. ITP Cryptid
This tire takes the crown when it comes to a drive-in deep mud. ITP Cryptid ATV tire is the best ATV mud tire owing to its powerful forward traction. You can get splendid traction even in puddles of water or mud.
Now to utilise all that power, you need a powerful ATV too. If your ATV is unable to handle the load and the force, it might even burn out the engines. But if you have a powerful ATV that can redirect the force of the tires, then the ITP Cryptid ATV mud tire is one of the best ATV tires for you.
ITP Cryptid ATV tire comes with grooved center lugs which proves to be pretty useful. Think of it, you will be taking your ATV for a ride amid all the dirt or even wasteland. This feature then comes into work by channeling away the debris and keeping your tires clean.
- Top class mud traction
- Easy cleaning
- Stable in swamps too
- On-road performance also praiseworthy
- Works well only when paired with a powerful ATV
- We build mud tires that not only provide massive mud churning performance with angled, but also forward biting lugs for enhanced push and traction
- Our products clean themselves by channeling mud and debris away from the tire, constantly searching for, and finding traction when you need it
- You get the best of both worlds: mud tires engineered for the trail without mud caking and buildup
- Fit type: Universal Fit
10. Maxxis Mudzilla
Another lightweight ATV tire that makes up for one of the best ATV tires in 2021. Maxxis Mudzilla is designed for soft terrains. It means you can drive it even in deep mud where many ATV tires struggle.
The Maxxis Zilla has a directional V-shaped center tread and dimpled lugs. These contribute towards exceptional traction and stability on all surfaces. So whether you are in a swamp or a dry grassland, you can trust this ATV tire for safety.
Maxxis Mudzilla is durable and has outstanding responsiveness. It has stiff sidewalls to ensure you don’t lose control of your vehicle. In addition, it is fast. The point to note here is that Maxxis Mudzilla is specifically designed for muddy areas so it won’t give you that amazing performance on the highway.
- Outstanding performance in deep mud too
- Lightweight construction
- Fast and stable
- Not for normal driving
Top 10 ATV Tires on Amazon
Buying guide for ATV tires
The first thing that you should consider before buying any product is its purpose. It’s the same case with ATV tires.
We have already mentioned how buying specific ATV tires can be useful to you. Now it is up to you to decide for what specific reason you need it. Because different brands excel in different features. For example, some models may not be able to give you the required grip but make up for it with excellent speed.
Therefore, it is very essential to know what tire you need for your ATV. Here are a few points you should keep in mind before making the final purchase.
Kind of tire that suits best
You can pair your ATV with all kinds of tires, ranging from all-terrain to all-season. There are also snow tires and mud tires for specific terrains. An all-season tire might be great throughout the year but extreme winter weather condition requires an all-weather tire that can easily withstand harsh conditions.
Similarly, if you are buying an all-terrain tire for the sole purpose of driving it on the highway, it may not be the best purchase. However, while snow and mud tires are limited to a particular weather condition, all-terrain tires are evergreen. So you need to match your vehicle requirements with the tire needs.
Tread Pattern and Traction
No doubt when you are looking for any ATV tires, you will want tires that provide the best traction on snow. However, there is no harm in having a tire that can offer more than the average.
Tires that have powerful forward traction can give an excellent performance not only in snow but also in puddles of water or mud. On the other hand, a dimpled tread surface improves traction in drier conditions and a knobby tread pattern enhances the traction but also hinders the performance of the tires in deep mud.
A tire with a highly graded tread pattern should allow your ATV to stop on wet roads at a shorter distance than a tire with a lower grade. Many brands use certain compounds to provide amazing ice and snow traction. You can also look for Bite particles for impressive traction.
Brand and Price
Though the brand is not everything it is better to be safe than sorry. While buying a certain brand means quality, you may also end up giving more money just for the brand reputation. Therefore, you must maintain a balance between the brand of the tire and its respective features.
It is no good paying more for a brand name if other less famous models are offering better features. And when it comes to ATV tires, this factor becomes even more relevant.
Similarly, it is no use looking at branded products if they can’t fit your budget. In the end, your budget is what leads to the buying decision. However, there is no need to be disheartened. There are many branded ATV tires that will fit into your tight budget even.
Still, it is necessary to fix a budget before you start the buying process. That way you will know what models you can afford and explore its alternatives. One important thing here is not to be nitpicky with the price too much. You don’t want to end up with a tire that can’t withstand the power of your ATV.
Load Index dictates the weight capacity a single tire can handle. It is wise to get a tire with a load index higher than the weight of your ATV. For example, a tire with a load index of 90 can carry up to 1,323 pounds.
So do check the load index chart of a tire before making the final purchase. This will divide the load equally and reduce the chances of accidents and punctures.
Check the Ratings
Checking the ratings is what every rational person must do before buying a product. Tires are more about their performance than their looks. Therefore, it becomes more important to know how the experience of other people has been with a particular set of tires. You can also find the kind of tire you need by looking at customer reviews and ratings.
The government of many countries also rates the tires on treadwear, traction performance, and temperature resistance. You can also rely on certain trustworthy agencies for credible ratings. Thus with both government and user ratings combines you can get a good idea about the type of tire you need.
You will find certain brands on our list that provide treadwear warranties. Few top brands go as far as to offer a 65,000-mile treadwear warranty. Some brands also provide a warranty against defects and on tread life. It is better to buy tires that come with a warranty so you don’t have to spend much on the maintenance of the tires in the starting years only if anything goes wrong.
An ATV is a vehicle that doesn’t hold an excellent reputation when it comes to saving fuel. But you can pair it with certain tires that can increase the life of your tires, at the same time balance your fuel consumption.
The tires you buy can significantly affect how much money you spend on fuel, as well as your ATV’s impact on the environment. Here it also becomes necessary to know the kind of tires that will suit your vehicle well and balance the power.
Other features to look for
- Sidewalls: This feature depends on your driving style and conditions. While stiff sidewalls ensure you don’t lose control of your ATV, a lower sidewall is more functional for on-road performance. If you are indulged more in off-road driving, then you would want a lot of sidewalls.
- Noise: It is a given that tires for ATV are not exactly silent. But you can find certain models that almost make no noise in the snow. However, it may differ from on-road to off-road. SO try to make the best of the two worlds.
- Hydroplaning Resistance: When you are driving in snow, you need an ATV tire with increased traction and fewer hydroplane risks. Tires that have zig-zag sipes that perform well on dry and wet roads. High-density siping increases braking and acceleration even on hard-packed snow surfaces and wider circumferential grooves evacuate water and slush from the contact patch.
- Shock Absorption: No one likes a bumpy ride. Many reputed brands offer tires that have compounds to absorb most of the shock the tire may carry. This ensures that you enjoy a smooth ride. Tires that absorb shocks and vibrations also protect your vehicle against early damage.
Are tires for ATV expensive?
It mostly depends on the brands you choose to go for. However, All-Terrain Vehicles ask for sturdy, durable tires that can withstand the weight of your vehicle. So, it is better to keep some extra cash in hand while making a purchase for tires for ATV.
How long can ATV tires last?
In general an ATV tire will last you 40000 miles. But it mostly depends on the maintenance of the tires and how roughly you use them. Most of the ATV tires though are built for enduring gravel and dirt and thus are durable.
Are ATV tires worth it?
There are many benefits of owning an ATV tire. For starters, they offer exceptional performance both on-road and off-road. You get tires with advanced rolling resistance and amazing traction. On top of it, ATV tires guarantee safety. So that even if you drift off the highway for a small getaway, you need not worry about inflated tires or rough rides.
How much treadwear warranty do ATV tires offer?
There are brands that go as far as to offer a 60000-mile treadwear warranty. tires that come with a warranty are definitely a better choice as they safeguard you against possible accidents in the first few years.
Are ATV tires good for highways?
It is the primary role of the ATV tire to deliver an amazing driving experience both on-road and off-road. However, experience with various brands has told us that since ATVs tend to perform better in dirt and gravel than on the highway, the tires only make little difference.
So if you are buying an all-terrain tire for the sole purpose of driving it on the highway, it may not be the best purchase. But if you intend to use it for all kinds of surfaces, then all-terrain tires for highways can be a superb choice.
Do ATV tires create a lot of noise?
This is a necessary evil when it comes to ATVs. The aggressive tread blocks that provide you with the required stability and grip also create a lot of noise. Many brands claim to offer silent all-terrain tires but experience tells that there is no all-terrain tire that can ride without creating any kind of noise.
However, tires with symmetrical design as they create less noise compared to their counterparts.
We have come to the end of the list of the best ATV tires for 2021. The list was made keeping in mind the stability and traction of the tires among other things.
ATV tires are generally bulky but you can find some with lightweight construction too on the list. Similarly, these tires can face troubles in deep mud but we have listed a few products that cover that area too. In short, you will find every kind of tire you need on this list of the best ATV tires.
Make sure you know the tire size and where you’ll be taking the ATV before making the final purchase. Even the best ATV tires can fail if you don’t pair them with the required ATV. Some tires for example-the ones which rank higher on the best ATV tires list- go with every ATV but some tires such as the ITP Cryptid needs a powerful ATV too.
Let us know in the comments if we missed out on any candidate for the best ATV tires list.