The Chevy Silverado offers the driver with amazing on-road dynamics, very good off-road traction, and outstanding hauling and towing capability. The reason why everybody in the USA seems to hold this excellent pickup truck is because of its all-around nature. However, choosing the right tires for your Pickup truck makes a tremendous difference altogether.
Since a single set of tires cannot satisfy every buyers’ needs, similarly, an off-road tire cannot fulfill the needs of an on-road tire and vice versa. Therefore, while choosing the right tire for your Chevy Silverado 1500, it should be kept in mind that the tire must be able to fulfill both on-road as well as off-road traction. They must be able to make on-road driving reliable and be able to carry heavy loads. Getting the climate and other demands while choosing the right tire can prove to be a messy element.
If you are not familiar with the appropriate tires, here is a list of Top 10 Best Tires for Chevy Silverado 1500.
Let’s dig into the best tires of each category and help you gain an amazing experience with your pickup truck!
Top 10 Best Tires for Chevy Silverado 1500: Tire Reviews
The General Grabber HTS is an all-season highway tire developed for pickup trucks and SUVs. There are a large contact patch and a stabilizing system of connected bars that increase stability, which means that it is easier for the driver to brake, accelerate, and corner.
The General Grabber HTS 60 is one of the best Chevy Silverado 1500 tires at a reasonable price which makes it budget-friendly. This tire is best suited for those who want to save some money when buying new Chevy Silverado 1500 tires.
The HTS60 uses a fresh-cut and chip-resistant tread compound, which adds to the durability and better overall tread life. It gives the driver enough grip and traction on dry and wet surfaces. The Grabber HTS60 offers good braking. Also, it has high-speed stability. Nevertheless, the heavy-duty versions have fewer circumferential grooves which makes them less reliable in heavy rain.
An absorption layer isolates the vehicle from road disturbances, while its sound barrier ribs impede sound generated in the center of the pattern. Its Comfort Balance Technology gives the tire a smoother ride through a layer of rubber that helps soften the ride over harsh obstacles.
The Grabber HTS 60 offers a 65,000-mile treadwear warranty for S- & T-Speed Rated models, and a 50,000-mile treadwear warranty for LT Sizes & H-Speed Rated models. However, its LT metric versions have slightly worse traction on wet surfaces. Overall, the General HTS60 is one of the excellent models in the truck/SUV all-season class.
- Dry/wet traction and handling
- Braking on snow-covered or wet road surfaces
- Heavy-duty versions that aren’t that good in the rain
- General Tire offers a tough, all-season tire that provides the perfect synergy of comfort, durability and performance for light trucks, SUVs and Crossovers
- Cut and chip resistant compound, coupled with ultra high strength steel belts and a broad, flat contour, provide confident stability, even wear and responsive handling
- An absorption layer isolates the vehicle from road disturbances, while sound barrier ribs impede sound generated in the center of the pattern
- A flatter footprint, optimized tread pattern stiffness and an improved tread compound provides long even wear
- Fit type: Universal Fit
The Michelin Defender stops shorter on wet pavement and tracts through the snow better than tires of the same sort. Right now, the Michelin Defender LTX M/S is the best highway tire on the market. This tire goes well with the most prominent full-size pickup truck. It delivers outstanding performances in almost every category.
The tread points four wide circumferential grooves and full-depth sipes that add to the grip in rain and snow. While the toughness and traction of the Defender are impressive, it also delivers a smoother and quieter ride than one might expect.
The Defender LTX combines the best traits of the original passenger car Defender with a similar tread design and treads depth of the truck/SUV LTX M/S2. The Michelin Defender is also one of the quietest and most comfortable tires that can tow big trailers.
Michelin Defender LTX M/S is made with Michelin’s Evertread technology that provides wear and tear resists in tough road conditions, as well as performs well under heavier payloads, and also Its tread will last up to 10% longer than the original LTX M/S2. Overall, the Michelin Defender LTX M/S simply does not disappoint in its performance.
Check out the full review Michelin Defender LTX M/S Tire Review
- Outstanding wet traction
- Tough tread compound
- Value for the money
- Not the best option for harsh wintry conditions
- Radial car tire for Light Trucks, SUVs and Crossovers designed for All-Season use; provides exceptional grip for shorter braking distances on wet roads
- More Mileage- MICHELIN EverTread Compound provides 10% more longevity in severe conditions, compared to its predecessor.
- Reduced risk of hydroplaning- outstanding grip for improved braking performance on wet roads and better traction on snow when compared to leading competitors.
- Fuel-efficient and eco-friendly- Features MICHELIN MaxTouch Construction to save up to 65 gallons of fuel over the tire's life
- 70,000 Miles Manufacturer's Treadwear Limited Warranty; 6 Year Standard Limited Warranty; 265/60R18 110T
Designed for drivers of crossovers, pickups, and SUVs, the Long Trail Tour features some of the latest BFG tire technology for driving on wet, dry, and snow-covered roads.
The symmetrical tread pattern provides enhanced handling as well as responsive steering. The tire is designed to make you feel in control regardless of road conditions.
Deeper circumferential grooves around the tread deliver increased traction and grip on snow-covered or wet road surfaces.
Inside the tire, BFGoodrich’s unique Equal Tension Containment System reinforces the belts with wrapped nylon for added durability and strength.
Overall, BF Goodrich is a middle to upper-middle of the class performer. While not bad at any one specific thing, it doesn’t stand out in any one area as well.
- Dry and wet traction and handling are very good
- Responsive steering provides excellent feedback
- Cornering is among best in class
- Comfortable ride
- Ice traction could be a little better
- Proprietary ETEC System (Equal Tension Containment System) delivers durability and stability at high speeds.
- Strategic siping and rain channels that keep you in control in rainy, snowy and dry weather.
- Superior tread life with sporty precision handling
- ETEC resists centrifugal force to maintain a consistent footprint
- Optimized shoulder design with unique contoured tread blocks
The Continental CrossContact LX20 with EcoPlus Technology is the company’s latest tire for drivers of pickups, crossovers, and SUVs.
In this CrossContact LX20 Tire by Continental an eco-friendly tread compound is used that uses specially developed Tg-F polymers and +Silane additives to enhance traction. Consequently, providing better overall treadwear helps to gain a little extra fuel mileage.
The tire’s continuous center rib and independent tread blocks add a much better grip on dry surfaces, while also increasing feel and steering response. Inside the tire, two steel belts are reinforced with spirally wrapped polyamide for added durability and strength. Traction on all types of road conditions, including snow-covered surfaces, is excellent.
Continental CrossContact LX20 has four circumferential grooves to the asymmetrical tread design. Overall, the Continental Cross Contact LX20 is one of the top tires in the touring all-season class of tires.
- Excellent wet, dry, and snow traction
- Responsive steering and solid in the corners
- Comfortable, quiet, and smooth ride
- Vibration problems have been reported by a few drivers
- This product is not for sale in the state of Arkansas
This model is developed for drivers for a tire to fulfill their desire of highway touring and handling to go with a smooth and quiet ride. An asymmetrical tread pattern provides handling in a variety of weather and road conditions.
The Cooper Discoverer utilizes R-Tech construction technology that further increases cornering. Inside the tire, twin steel belts reinforced with wrapped nylon adds durability and strength. This tire comes with an excellent 65,000-mile tread life warranty.
This RAM tire is designed to provide balanced performance and a comfortable driving experience in every weather condition. Its handling ability on the road is also amazing. The Discoverer HTP gives you ample traction and grip, while braking is the best in the category. This tire is also considered to be one of the best tires for the Chevy Silverado 1500.
Overall, the Discoverer HTP is a very good performer.
- Excellent dry/wet traction
- Winter handling is good for this model
- Very quiet and comfortable
- Long tread life
- high-speed cornering stability
- Not the best light snow traction
- All-Season Highway Sport Truck Tire
- Highway tire for drivers of SUVs and pickup trucks looking for a ‘sporty’ look
- All-Season performance and handling
- Tread designed to evacuate water
- Additional rubber in sidewalls to help protect rims
This BF Goodrich is engineered to deliver excellently on the road and off-road traction for drivers of pickups and SUVs. This model provides 40% wider shoulder grooves that provide stability for use on rocky terrains.
The BFGoodrich T/A KO2 all-terrain tire makes you feel safe while driving on the road which is a bonus point for an off-road-focused tire. Meanwhile, it offers ample traction and grip through the corners along with top-notch longitudinal traction. The interlocking tread elements deliver enhanced off-road performance. Inside are two steel belts and exclusive BF Goodrich Tri-Gard construction.
The BFGoodrich comes with a 50,000-mile treadwear warranty. It is also usable on the road with good levels of traction and grip, and with very good braking performance. BF Goodrich also provides silent and comfortable driving. And on wet surfaces, you won’t have to worry because it gives enough traction there as well.
However, the ride quality is of average level and it can be noisy on the highway as well. Overall, the T/A KO is evidently one of the better all-terrain tires in its class.
- Excellent off and on-road performance
- Handles well on gravel, rock, dirt, mud, sand and, snow
- Responsive steering
- Comfortable riding tire for an AT model
- Outstanding tread life
- Wet traction could be a little better
- Dual-compound tread and ShoulderLock technology with 40% wider shoulder grooves provide increased traction and control in aired-down driving situations.
- Aggressive, high-void all-terrain tread design with a choice of distinctive raised white letters or black outline sidewall styling.
- Three-ply polyester carcass delivers stiffer tread area for more precise steering response, better cornering control, excellent puncture and exceptional bruise resistance.
- Built to improve stress distribution, tread life and resistance to irregular wear.
Built for pickups and SUVs, the MT2 mud tire features several new tread elements, having 23-degree attack angles in the tread blocks. This degree further results in greater pulling power in dirt, gravel and, sand. The model is tough and durable coupled with a chip-and tear-resistant compound that gives it an aggressive and deep tread pattern to allow it to have a powerful grip on all surfaces.
The Firestone Destination MT2 tire is specifically built for pickups, trucks, and SUVs. With 23-degree attack angles in the tread blocks, this tire is designed to perform well both on-road and off-road. This degree further results in greater pulling power in dirt, gravel and, sand.
This model has been built to perform well on both off-road as well as on-road. Twin steel belts with nylon reinforcement enhance durability and strength. On the highway, this tire makes a minimal noise at faster speeds. This tire fits well for a driver looking for tough and aggressive tires.
With surprisingly outstanding mud and snow traction, this tire can also be equipped with metal studs for even better traction on snow or ice Overall, the Destination M/T2 doesn’t disappoint its users in providing more than adequate performance.
- Excellent traction in sand, dirt and, gravel
- A 3-ply sidewall is an excellent addition
- Good Treadwear
- Not as good in deep thick mud as other tires of the same class
- Package Dimensions: 34.8" (L) x 12.5" (W) x 34.8" (H)
- Product Type: Vehicle Tire
- Package Quantity: 1
- Country Of Origin: United States
Yokohama YK-HTX is an all-season tire for drivers of all types of trucks, SUVs as well as crossovers. The tread compound has orange oil that goes with high silica content.
The tire performs well on wet road surfaces and works well even in cold temperatures.
Yokohama has a contact patch and the sidewall which enhances treadwear while delivering responsive steering and handling. Adaptive shoulder blocks enhance the life and quality of the tire.
Inside the tire, twin steel belts with a polyester body add strength and durability. Yokohama backs the tire with an excellent 70,000-mile warranty. This model is also available in a variety of 15-20 inch sizes.
- Outstanding all-season traction, especially on wet pavement and in snow
- Comfortable and quiet ride
- Long-lasting tread life with an excellent warranty
- Not much good in light off-road use
- Made in Japan
- Package Height: 10.4"
- Package Length: 22.3"
- Package Width: 22.3"
- Fit type: Universal Fit
The Bridgestone Dueler aims at crossovers and high-performance SUVs. The most surprising fact about this tire is that it performs well in all weather conditions while also delivering enhanced fuel efficiency and a more comfortable experience.
Its symmetric tread pattern helps in reducing noise levels over long distances. The lateral notches provide strong traction in dry, wet, and snowy conditions, which means that the tire handles light snow as efficiently as it does rain and dry pavements. And the notched shoulder blocks and a continuous center rib in the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus tire result in giving a higher level of responsiveness and overall tire stability.
Twin steel belts reinforced with wrapped nylon enhances the strength and durability of the tire. Meanwhile, its polyester cords help protect the sidewall and add to its longevity as well. The Bridgestone Dueler is considered to be one of the best tires for the Chevy Silverado 1500.
The Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus comes in a wide variety of 15 to 20-inch sizes and with speed ratings up to a W. Bridgestone also includes a massive 80,000-mile tread warranty on this tire as well. Overall, this model provides durable and long-lasting performance.
- Performs very well in year-round weather conditions
- Responsive steering
- Comfortable ride
- Strong and durable tire
- 80K mile warranty
- Braking on ice gas has been reported by some drivers
- PLY RATING: #
- SINGLE LOAD INDEX: 110
- DUAL LOAD INDEX: #
- SPEED RATING: H
- SECTION WIDTH: 11.22
The Kumho AT51 is built for drivers of all types of jeeps, SUVs and light-duty pickups. This model is designed to deliver increased traction, especially in snow conditions, as well as ride comfort.
The Road Venture AT51 by Kumho isn’t the most appealing all-terrain tire as there are other better options available to consider among the all-terrain tires. But it still can perform quite well when its price factor is considered. It offers excellent traction over hard-packed surfaces and even on rocky surfaces as well. And, its traction on mud surfaces is average.
The circumferential grooves on the Kumho AT51 help with off-road traction on loose dirt and gravel. Inside the tread, dual steel belts with wrapped nylon add further strength and durability. The tread compound also aims to reduce heat build-up and distortion. The AT51 provides an enhanced comfortable and quiet ride for highway driving. Following amongst the best tires for your Chevy Silverado, this tire won’t disappoint you in terms of its performance and durability.
Kumho offers a 55000-mile tread warranty only on P Metric sizes. Above all, we can say that the Kumho Road Venture AT51 tire is quite safe to be used for daily driving purposes.
- Excellent off-road traction
- Outstanding wet and winter performance
- A complete value for money
- Deep mud traction
- A small increase in ride comfort
- Class-leading performance in the mud and snow, with an angled chamfer that creates hundreds of gripping edges, and a deep, tapered tread block that promotes self-cleaning.
- Engineered for a quiet, comfortable ride, with a symmetric tread design and variable-pitch tread blocks to reduce road harmonics.
- Excellent grip and stability in heavy weather, with deep central grooves to channel rain and snow away quickly.
- For long tread wear and fuel efficiency, the dual silica compound is engineered to cool quickly and wear evenly.
What size tires can I put on my Chevy Silverado 1500?
Talking about size, the biggest tire you can pair with your Chevy 1500 is a 31″ diameter tire. Its dimensions are 265/70-17 and it would fit comfortably without trimming. The normal tire size is 31″ 255/70-17 but can range based on what you want. You can also opt for larger tires by lifting the truck to allow more room.
Can I put bigger tires on my truck without a lift?
To be honest, yes, you can. But with certain modifications like the use of wheel spacers, using leveling kits, adjusting the torsion keys, and cutting of fenders.
How much lift do I need for 33-inch tires?
Your truck will require a minimum of 2.5 to 3-inch lift with additional trimming of fender liners and body mounts to accommodate a 33” tire. A Solid Front Axle vehicle can accommodate a 33” tire easier with fewer modifications.
Before choosing the appropriate tire for your Chevy Silverado, it is always recommended that you go through the product specifications once and then match them with your desired specifications. If they match, that tire is the best option for your Silverado 1500.
If I had to recommend one, I’ll suggest you go with Michelin Defender LTX M/S. It comes from a reputed brand and holds all the features you need from a pickup tire. It will pair perfectly well with Chevy Silverado and ensure a sturdy safe drive.
Also, every tire will have its positive as well as negative outcomes. So, while buying a tire, make sure you are well versed with its disadvantaged outcomes as well.