Ram 1500 is one of the top-rated trucks. Also, it is the only pickup truck with air suspension as an option, apart from the aggressive and muscular design. We are aware of the fact that choosing the best tires for a top-rated truck can be hectic. Luckily, we have you covered here. We have created a list of the best tires for Dodge Ram 1500.
TopTireReviews understands that finding the right set of Ram 1500 tires can be difficult, especially because today tires are divided into several categories. Also, to keep up the smooth ride quality, you will need the best tires for RAM 1500. But you don’t have to worry about that.
In this article, we have listed down the best Ram 1500 tires from different tire categories. So, we recommend you read this article to the last.
Top 10 Best Tires for Ram 1500
The Michelin Defender LTX M/S is the tire you should be looking for if you own a RAM truck. It is among the best tires for Dodge Ram 1500. Although Defender LTX M/S is basically a highway tire, it can be used as a RAM tire as well.
It provides excellent high-speed stability, due to its Maxtouch construction. Besides this, it also offers excellent gripping, traction, and braking performance that works amazingly well both in dry and wet conditions.
Furthermore, LTX M/S tires are very strong and comfortable as well as quiet at high speeds. Michelin provides a 70,000-mile treadwear warranty on this Ram 1500 tire. We can say that it is one of the best RAM 1500 tires and scored first place in our list of the best tires for Dodge RAM 1500.
- Quiet and comfortable
- Outstanding wet traction on powerful diesel trucks
- Very good high-speed stability
- Excellent dry handling in warm and cold conditions
- One of the best tires for towing and hauling
- Not the best option for harsh wintry conditions
- Radial car tire for Light Trucks, SUVs and Crossovers designed for All-Season use; provides exceptional grip for shorter braking distances on wet roads
- Long-lasting and durable tread life thanks to the Michelin EverTread Compound, giving optimum traction no matter the season
- Eco-Friendly design features Michelin MaxTouch Construction to save up to 65 gallons of fuel over the life of the tire when compared to a leading competitor competitive tire
- This durable tire delivers 10% more longevity in severe conditions compared to the Michelin LTX M/S2
- 70,000 Miles Manufacturer's Treadwear Limited Warranty; 6 Year Standard Limited Warranty; 245/60R18 105H
Cooper is one of the leading manufacturers in the tire industry. Their tires are cheaper than the premium options, but still, provide excellent performance in almost every category. And the Cooper Discoverer HTP is one of the best tires for Dodge RAM 1500.
This RAM tire is designed to provide balanced performance and a comfortable driving experience in every weather condition. Its handling ability on the road is also amazing. The Discoverer HTP gives you ample traction and grip, while braking is the best in the category.
These RAM 1500 tires work very well even in wet conditions, thanks to the serpentine sipes and biting edges. However, light snow traction is just average. The best part is that Discoverer HTP comes with a 65,000-mile treadwear warranty, which is quite nice at this price.
- Very quiet and comfortable
- Stable in dry conditions
- Excellent wet traction and braking
- Not the best light-snow traction
- All-Season Highway Sport Truck Tire
- Highway tire for drivers of SUVs and pickup trucks looking for a ‘sporty’ look
- All-Season performance and handling
- Tread designed to evacuate water
- Additional rubber in sidewalls to help protect rims
General Grabber HTS 60 is a cheaper alternative yet it is one of the best tires for Dodge RAM 1500. This tire is best suited for those who want to save some money when buying new RAM 1500 tires.
Despite the fact of its lower pricing the HTS 60 by General Grabber still managed to deliver impressive performance on the road. In simple words, we can say that the General Grabber HTS 60 is a safe and reliable RAM tire with or without a trailer attached to it.
However, its LT metric versions have slightly worse traction on wet surfaces. But keeping that aside, it is very comfortable and quiet, even at high speeds, and comes with a 50,000-mile treadwear warranty.
- Good high-speed stability
- Quiet and comfortable
- LT-sized versions are excellent for towing and hauling big payloads
- Fair price
- Heavy-duty versions are worse good in the rain
- General Tire offers a tough, all-season tire that provides the perfect synergy of comfort, durability and performance for light trucks, SUVs and Crossovers
- Cut and chip resistant compound, coupled with ultra high strength steel belts and a broad, flat contour, provide confident stability, even wear and responsive handling
- An absorption layer isolates the vehicle from road disturbances, while sound barrier ribs impede sound generated in the center of the pattern
- A flatter footprint, optimized tread pattern stiffness and an improved tread compound provides long even wear
If you don’t want to pay a lot of money to get a high-quality RAM tire then, Kumho Road Venture APT KL51 is for you. But to be clear, it is not a good choice for towing, still, we included this in our list of the best tires for Dodge RAM 1500.
This RAM tire provides a top-grade of traction and grip on the road. On the other hand, the responsiveness and braking performance is also very gentle. Besides, it possesses good hydroplaning resistance, thus in wet conditions, it can work quite well even in light snow.
Moreover, the comfort and ride quality is amazing as well and has a 60,000-mile treadwear warranty, which is fair for this price.
- Very good stability and responsiveness
- Comfortable and quiet
- Wet traction is excellent
- Budget price
- Very good 60,000-mile treadwear warranty
- Not the best option for towing very big trailers
- Solid center rib provides steering response and delivers a comfortable ride.
- Four wide circumferential grooves supported by lateral grooves and interlocking sipes improve response to hydroplaning.
- Wide tread blocks with interlocking sipes deliver steering stability and long, even wear.
- Optimized tapered tread grooves promote self-cleaning for improved wet and snow evacuation.
- Italian (Publication Language)
We have placed Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus at number fifth in our list of the best tires for Dodge RAM 1500. The Dueler H/L Alenza Plus Tire by Bridgestone can perform in all kinds of weather. It also provides a reliable and safe driving experience throughout the year. That’s why it is among the best RAM 1500 tires.
It has amazing performance over dry and wet surfaces, and the ride quality is also quite well along with the lowest noise. Moreover, it offers amazing high-speed gripping, stability, strong braking, and superior traction.
In simple words, we can say that this is a very responsive and durable RAM tire that offers excellent traction on almost every kind of road, including light snow. And, if you are searching for a durable, long-lasting, and solid performing all-season tire for your RAM 1500 then Bridgestone H/L Alenza Plus could be a good choice.
Apart from these, the best attraction of the Dueller H / L Alenza Plus is that Bridgestone offers an 80,000-mile warranty on it.
- Usable in light snow
- Very good performance in dry and wet conditions
- Outstanding comfort and quietness levels
- Best-in-class durability record
- Not the most responsive tire around
- 3D Sips Enhances Dry Performance While Maintaining Snow, Ice And Wet Traction
- Wide Centre Rib Improves Handling And Wear
- Ever-Black Sidewall Technology Preserves Sidewall Appearance Over Time
- Variable Block Wall Angle Reduces Noise
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
The Cooper Discoverer SRX is another great tire among the best tires for Dodge RAM 1500. It is also popular as a touring tire as well. However, this one is cheaper than its premium rivals.
Despite its lower pricing, this RAM tire offers excellent handling on dry roads with a very high quality of grip, traction, and strong braking. To be more specific the traction and grip are excellent in heavy rain as well.
Although, traction on light snow is slightly worse than competitive Dodge RAM 1500 tires. But on the other side, the comfort and ride quality is outstanding. Meanwhile, the Cooper also offers a 75,000-mile treadwear warranty for T-Rated models and 70,000-mile for H-Rated models, the best one for budget tires.
- Excellent 75,000-mile treadwear warranty
- Very comfortable over bumps
- Excellent handling in dry and wet conditions
- Below-average snow traction
- Treadwear Warranty: 70,000 Miles
- All-Season Premium Luxury Touring Tire
- Long tread life and maximizes ride comfort for a wide range of trucks, SUVs, CUVs
- Maximum ride comfort
- Offers a quiet ride
If you want to have the best performance from your RAM 1500 regardless of the climate condition, you should be looking for Falken Ziex S/TZ05. We have included this all-season street/sport tire in our list of the best Dodge RAM 1500 tires as it delivers excellent handling at a much lower price point.
With a set of these RAM 1500 tires, you can make your vehicle much responsive in the corners. As a result, you can have a much better behind-the-wheel experience. Moreover, the traction and grip will also be enhanced due to this RAM tire and the braking will be stronger as well.
It can also work efficiently in light and heavy rain, but snow traction is below the average. However, this RAM tire comes with a 50,000-mile treadwear warranty.
- Excellent handling characteristics
- Quiet for a sporty tire
- Outstanding wet traction and braking
- Below-average snow traction
- All-season performance and comfort for luxury SUV's and light trucks
- Five-rib symmetric tread design provides increased high-speed stability and the freedom of tire rotation, enhancing tread life.
- Wide shoulder blocks increase tread stiffness allowing for maximum wet and dry handling and stability.
- Solid center rib offers excellent handling response especially in high-speed conditions.
- Wide and narrow shoulder lug grooves designed to optimize noise reduction.
For those who want to get the most from their Dodge RAM 1500 tires, the Yokohama Parada Spec X will be a nice option. The responsiveness of this RAM tire is amazing.
The traction, grip, and braking are one of the best in the category. We have placed it at number nine in our list of the best tires for Dodge RAM 1500. The Parada Spec X is very quiet and comfortable and can work perfectly fine on dry and wet pavements, both in warm as well as cold weather
However, its snow traction is not that good. Unfortunately, this Dodge RAM tire doesn’t come with any treadwear warranty.
- Outstanding cornering ability
- Excellent responsiveness
- Very good wet traction
- Quiet and comfortable
- No treadwear warranty
- Light snow traction could be better
- High-performance summer tire for light trucks, crossovers, and SUVs
- Short braking distance through bionic contour
- High cornering stability and large safety reserves
- Precise steering response with low ride noise
- Excellent protection against aquaplaning
The next name that comes among the best tires for Dodge RAM 1500 is Falken Wildpeak AT3W, which seems to be an outstanding tire for off-road enthusiasts. The best part is that it gives ample traction on every kind of terrain all because of the aggressive tread pattern with deep grooves.
Regardless of the tread pattern, this RAM tire can drive on the road impressively. Along with good grip and traction, it also has excellent cornering stability. Additionally, its performance is quite good on both wet as well as icy surfaces.
Moreover, the Wildpeak AT3W is reasonably priced, making it an ideal option for budget-minded buyers. Although the ride quality is good, the tread growl is noticeable.
Besides, these RAM 1500 tires are tough and durable and to add further the company offers an excellent 55,000-mile treadwear warranty as well.
- Very safe on the road, both over dry and wet surfaces
- One of the best all-terrain tires for off-roading
- Excellent 55,000-mile treadwear warranty
- Fair price
- Outstanding performance in snowy conditions
- Tire roar at high speed
- All-terrain, any-weather rugged capability
- Heat diffuser technology in the lower sidewall dissipates heat to protect the internal tire components. Keeping this critical area of the tire cool ensures vehicle stability even when towing or carrying heavy loads.
- 3D Canyon sipe technology interlocks the shoulders to resist wear from high torque as well as providing additional handling stability.
- Rugged and rigid tread blocks feature support ramps and step-down features that provide tread-pattern rigidity in the contact patch, enhancing vehicle stability and handling while also preventing stones from becoming trapped in the grooves.
- Aggressive upper sidewall along with offset shoulder blocks protect the tire from sharp rocks and provide additional off-road traction at low tire pressures or in off-camber situations.
Here comes another tire from Michelin in our list of best tires for Dodge RAM 1500. The company used its flex-ice silica-based winter tread compound on the Latitude X-Ice Xi2, which helps the tire stay at a lower temperature.
Its traction on wet surfaces is good, because of its directional tread design and the Cross Z-Sipes that help provide multiple biting edges for snow and ice traction. Moreover, the handling and braking are also superb like the other best tires for Dodge RAM 1500 listed in this list.
It has exceptional hydroplaning resistance, consequently delivering excellent wet performance as well. Additionally, Michelin provides a 40,000-mile treadwear warranty on the Latitude X-Ice Xi2 tire.
- Best tread life among winter tires
- Exceptional hydroplaning resistance
- Outstanding ice traction and braking
- Excellent 40,000-mile treadwear warranty
- Good handling on dry surfaces
- Best-in-class grip and traction over packed and unpacked snow
- Higher price than competitors
- The special FleX-Ice compound is formulated to maintain its flexibility under the most extreme cold-weather conditions while Micro-Pumps and Cross Z Sipe technology provide improved stability in all winter conditions.
- The wide tread contact patch generates acceleration and braking power, as well as cornering traction for outstanding maneuvering on snow and icy roads.
- This tire provides long lasting winter performance with sipes and Micro-Pumps that are maintained season after season and MICHELIN Max Touch Construction which features a unique contact patch shape - maximizing even and longer tread life.
This was our list of the best tires for Dodge RAM 1500. We have done thorough research to prepare this list and put together the top 10 names.
As you can see we have included only high-quality RAM 1500 tires from well-known tire brands. These all-season tires are crafted to function optimally in all kinds of weather and give you decent performance throughout the year.
We hope that our list of the best tires for Dodge RAM 1500 will help you to eventually decide on an ideal tire to equip in your RAM. Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.