The Ford Escape is one of the most compact crossovers and a very popular SUV. To buy the best set of tires for Ford Escape, the conditions and weather types where the Ford Escape needs to be driven, must be kept in mind and a wise decision must be taken.
Things might sound confusing while choosing the best tire among the Top tires present for a particular company and manufacturer. However, the key specifications of the Tire for Ford Escape and the requirements of the driver, as well as the surfaces to be driven, must be taken into account.
Highway and Touring tires are considered to be the best for most Ford drivers. These tires are quite responsive and provide an amazing driving experience. They are quite tough and more durable than tires of a similar category.
Let’s dig into the Top 10 Best Tires for Ford Escape. But before that take a look at the buying guide to make your work even easier.
Guide to Buying Tires for Ford Escape
The first thing that you need to check while buying tires for Ford Escape is its loading capacity. Load Index dictates the weight capacity a single tire can handle.
Ford Escape is an SUV and is often used for the purpose of towing and hauling. It is wise to get a tire with a load index higher than the weight of your vehicle. This will divide the load equally and reduce the chances of accidents and punctures.
Kind of tire
Once you have checked the load index of your tire, you can choose from the myriad of tires, the market has to offer. The tire industry offers all kinds of tires ranging from all-terrain to all-season, snow tires to mud tires, and sand tires to all-weather tires.
All-weather tires deliver amazing performance on trails but lack when it comes to sand. The snow tires provide exemplary good traction on the snow and some can even tread through the water. Mud Tires are specially designed for trucks, jeeps, and SUVs to deal with muddy and loose sandy surfaces. So, it entirely depends on you to choose the type of tire that will suit your requirements the best.
Tread Pattern and Traction
In the case of Ford Escape, you will want tires that last for a long period of time. If you want durability, then tires with a symmetrical tread will suit you best. Such tires have groove patterns and are thus more durable compared to their counterparts. These tires will wear down evenly to ensure you don’t burn through them quickly.
But if you want multipurpose tires that can be paired with vehicles other than Ford Escape, then go for tires with unidirectional tread. You can pair these tires with most vehicles. These tires move in a single direction and need to be rotated more frequently to avoid being worn down more quickly.
While tires with asymmetrical pattern tread offer durable grip at higher speeds, we do not suggest them for Ford Escape. That is unless you want to transform your Ford Escape into a race car.
Brand and Ratings
It is not always so that the branded products receive the best ratings too. While buying a certain brand means quality, you may also end up giving more money just for the brand reputation. Therefore, you must maintain a balance between the brand of the tire and its respective features.
Tires are more about their performance than their looks. Therefore, it becomes more important to know how the experience of other people has been with a particular set of tires. You can also find the kind of tire you need by looking at customer reviews and ratings.
Best Tires for Ford Escape: Top 10
The Bridgestone Dueler is built for high-performance crossovers and SUVs. The most surprising fact about this tire is that it performs well in all weather conditions while also delivering enhanced fuel efficiency and a more comfortable experience.
Its symmetric tread pattern helps in reducing noise levels over long distances. The lateral notches provide strong traction in dry, wet, and snowy conditions, which means that the tire handles light snow as efficiently as it does rain and dry pavements.
Twin steel belts reinforced with wrapped nylon enhances the strength and durability of the tire. The Bridgestone Dueler is considered to be one of the best tires for Ford Escape.
Overall, this model provides durable and long-lasting performance.
- Performs very well in year-round weather conditions
- Responsive steering
- Comfortable ride
- Strong and durable tire
- 80,000-mile warranty
- Braking on ice gas been reported by some drivers
- PLY RATING: #
- SINGLE LOAD INDEX: 110
- DUAL LOAD INDEX: #
- SPEED RATING: H
- SECTION WIDTH: 11.22
The Michelin LTX offers much better performance than any other crossover or SUV touring tire. It is considered to be one of the best high-performance tires for Ford Escape, along with being a responsive tire.
This tire is quite stable at high speeds and offers a high level of grip and traction. It also has amazing braking which is not offered by tires of a similar category.
This tire is much more responsive than tires of a similar category and offers excellent grip and traction.
In rainy conditions as well, the Michelin Premier LTX is one of the best touring tires. This is because of the Expanding Rain grooves and emerging grooves around the shoulders of this tire.
One limitation about this tire is that it provides a 60,000-mile treadwear warranty. However, it is an expensive tire.
- Responsive tire
- Outstanding grip and traction
- Quiet and comfortable
- Limiting 60,000-mile treadwear warranty
- All-Season radial car tire designed for driving crossovers and SUVs year-round in all weather conditions
- Innovative rain grooves expand and emerge as the tire wears, maintaining great wet braking and wet traction, helping to prevent aquaplaning
- MICHELIN EverGrip Technologies provide superb traction and road handling for the whole life of the tire. Ensuring safe driving performance until the very last mile
- Excellent handling and steering precision when cornering, braking and accelerating in low temperatures. Features MICHELIN EverGrip compound with 3-D self-locking sipes that act as biting edges to provide powerful snow traction for the life of the tire
- 60,000 Miles Manufacturer's Treadwear Limited Warranty; 6 year Standard Limited Warranty; 215/65R16 98H235/55R20 102V
This excellent tire for Ford Escape comes with a 75,000-mile treadwear warranty. It is popular as a touring tire as well. However, this one is cheaper than its premium rivals.
It also offers amazing durability, which further results in a good performance on the road, in both wet and dry conditions. This tire also offers a tremendously smooth ride. However, expecting good traction in snow conditions with this tire will be a wrong assumption to make.
Following in the category of best tires, it also offers maximum ride comfort and a quiet ride, along with being a reliable all-season tire.
- Excellent handling in wet and dry conditions
- Very comfortable over bumpy surfaces
- Excellent 75,000-mile treadwear warranty
- Snow traction is not at all good
- Treadwear Warranty: 70,000 Miles
- All-Season Premium Luxury Touring Tire
- Long tread life and maximizes ride comfort for a wide range of trucks, SUVs, CUVs
- Maximum ride comfort
- Offers a quiet ride
This tire is considered to be one of the best all-season touring tires for Ford Escape. It has the best low rolling resistance in the category, which further means that the fuel economy improves efficiently.
The CS Fuel Max is also a responsive tire, providing high levels of grip and traction. This excellent grip and traction are due to the dry tread zones present on the outboard and inboard layers of this Ford Escape tire.
Its aqua channel grooves limit hydroplaning in rainy conditions. One of the best things this tire holds is the light snow traction which inevitably makes it the best tire for Ford Escape. And to improve the fuel economy and save your vehicle fuel, the Fuel Max technology is already there.
This tire offers a 65,000-mile treadwear warranty which is quite less than tires of a similar category.
- Responsive tire
- Outstanding dry and wet traction
- Hydroplaning resistance is quite good
- Usable in light snow
- Not the most comfortable tire in this category
- Only 65,000-mile warranty
- All-season tire for light trucks, crossovers, and SUVs
- Dual aqua channels propel water off the tread and away from the tire
- Fuel Efficient compound provides low rolling resistance which enhances fuel efficiency
- Reinforced construction copes with heavier vehicle weight
- Reliable traction in multiple driving conditions for year-round performance
The Continental Cross Contact LX20 with Eco Plus Technology is the company’s latest tire for drivers of pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. This tire is quite expensive but at the same time offers a balanced set of qualities.
The tire’s continuous center rib and independent tread blocks add a much better grip on dry surfaces, while also increasing feel and steering response. Inside the tire, two steel belts are reinforced with spirally wrapped polyamide for added durability and strength. Traction on all types of road conditions, including snow-covered surfaces, is excellent.
In this CrossContact LX20 Tire by Continental an eco-friendly tread compound is used that utilizes specially developed Tg-F polymers and +Silane additives to enhance traction. Consequently, providing better overall treadwear and helping to gain a little extra fuel mileage.
Overall, the Continental Cross Contact LX20 is one of the top tires in the touring all-season class of tires. One of the best things that this tire offers is a 70,000-mile treadwear warranty.
- Excellent wet, dry, and snow traction
- Responsive steering and solid in the corners
- Comfortable, quiet, and smooth ride
- 70,000-mile treadwear warranty
- Vibration problems have been reported by a few drivers
- This product is not for sale in the state of Arkansas
The Goodyear Assurance weather Ready is one of the best all-weather tires. It has high levels of grip and traction, along with very good braking. These qualities make it the best tire for Ford Escape.
One good thing about this tire is that it offers a 60,000-mile treadwear warranty in a budget-oriented category. Its Weather Reactive Technology keeps snow and wet traction to the best. It has an all-weather rubber tread compound along with an asymmetric tread pattern that provides dependable dry traction and handling.
Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady sports the three-peak mountain snowflake emblem which you will find depicting it as a tire that meets the severe snow service requirements. The tires’ circumferential grooves and sweeping tread grooves provide enhanced gripping on wet pavement and reduce the risk of hydroplaning. It also offers a wide range of 15-20 inch sizes.
However, this tire also holds a disadvantage in that the drive entails a lot of noise on the highway.
- Excellent winter traction
- Very good wet performance
- Responsive tire
- Great 60,000-mile treadwear warranty for an all-weather tire
- Noise on the highway
- GOODYEAR Assurance WeatherReady - 245/60R18 105H SL
- Fit type: Universal Fit
- Model: 767819537
- item package weight: 34.1 pounds
The Pirelli Scorpion is considered to be one of the best touring tires for Ford Escape. It offers a 65,000-mile treadwear warranty. It is probably the most responsive touring tire among tires of a similar category.
The tire is manufactured using a low rolling resistance and has a silica-enhanced compound for lower CO2 emissions and a better fuel economy. The asymmetric tread pattern of the Scorpion Verde features four wide circumferential grooves, and an optimized rubber to deliver a uniform contact patch with the road surface.
This tire also offers a high level of grip and traction, along with unbeatable braking performance. The Verde all-season plus also provides good traction in wet and snow conditions. One best thing that a tire provides is no noise at high speeds on certain surfaces or conditions. The tire has an optimized pitch sequence which further cancels its interior noise for a quieter ride.
Apart from being a responsive tire, it has excellent handling on dry roads. The Scorpion Verde assures a very quiet and comfortable driving experience to all car enthusiasts out there.
- Excellent handling on dry roads
- Outstanding wet traction and braking
- Very quiet and comfortable
- Only 65,000-mile treadwear warranty
Falling in the category of one of the best high-performance tires for Ford Escape, it provides the driver with an engaging and amazing experience. The Pirelli Scorpion is a very good option to buy when it comes to an all-season street or sport tire. This tire is a very responsive tire, with a progressive grip and high levels of traction.
Its high-speed stability is quite good and wet traction and braking are also among the best specifications for this high-performance Ford Escape tire.
One disadvantage that this tire holds is that it doesn’t come with any treadwear warranty.
- Excellent responsiveness
- High levels of grip on dry surfaces
- Excellent wet performance
- Quiet for a sporty tire
- No treadwear warranty
This tire falls under the category of best winter tires for Ford Escape and comes with an outstanding snow capability. It is Michelin’s one of the best competitors when it comes to performance.
Bridgestone Blizzak WS90 makes a perfect companion for Ford Escape that has to drive in areas that receive tons of snow. This tire has a Nano Pro-Tech Multicell compound, providing amazing ice and snow traction. The Bridgestone is also quite good on wet and dry roads during the winter season, possibly because of the Nano Pro compound.
Its Nano compound is a package with Edge Performance Technology which together aim to provide the driver with an amazing experience altogether. The snow tire gives you the best acceleration traction along with outstanding cornering abilities. You can drive it safely even in deep snow and also in puddles of water owing to the amazing hydroplaning resistance.
Bridgestone however doesn’t offer a treadwear warranty which is a necessity for snow tires and its price is lower than tires of a similar category.
- Outstanding traction and braking in the snow
- Excellent handling in dry and wet conditions
- Works on ice as well
- No treadwear warranty
- A Leader In Control On Ice
- Confident Stopping Power On Snow And Ice
- Reliable Handling In Winter Conditions
- Bit Particles For Impressive Traction On Ice
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
Michelin, the name itself inspires confidence among the drivers. Known for delivering high-performance tires, Michelin has also given one of the best tires for Ford Escape in the form of Michelin X-Ice Xi3. This tire offers a number of characteristics that make it one of the best winter tires for Ford Escape.
It gives the best traction and braking in snowy and freezing conditions. The best thing about this tire is that it provides a 40,000-mile treadwear warranty, which is generally not given for winter tires.
Thanks to its sipes and Micro-Pumps, you get long-lasting performance in the snow. Michelin Max Touch Construction enhances the durability of the tire and ensures a longer tread life. The tire is also flexible and stable because of Micro-Pumps and Cross Z Sipe technology that provides improved stability in all winter conditions.
- Best-in-class grip and traction in the winter
- Outstanding snow traction
- Excellent 40,000-mile treadwear warranty
- Higher price than tires of a similar category.
- This 3rd generation X-Ice winter tire provides the necessary traction to safely overcome extreme winter conditions featuring Cross Z Sipes , Micro-Pumps, and FleX-Ice compound.
- The MICHELIN X-Ice Xi3 tire provides winter performance with MICHELIN MaxTouch Construction which features a unique contact patch shape - maximizing even and longer tread life.
- The MICHELIN X-Ice Xi3 is also designed to be environmentally friendly to help reduce fuel consumption in addition to having excellent winter grip and long lasting tread life.
Best Tires for Ford Escape: Final Thoughts and Recommendations
Choosing high-quality tires from well-known manufacturers plays a very important role in Best Tires for Ford Escape. It is recommended that when you choose a tire, ample knowledge and research about the field of tires about a particular manufacturer is required.
However, if one might not have ample knowledge about the realm of touring, high performance, and other tires, it is suggested that the specifications about the best tires of that particular manufacturer must be read and understood properly.
You will find Michelin Premier LTX to be very compatible with your Escape. The tire comes from a reputed brand and has all the important features you would need from a premium tire.
Since Ford Escape is a high-quality vehicle, a premium high-quality tire from a reputable manufacturer is recommended.
My name is Nick, and I am a car mechanic from Wichita, Kansas. And I drive a 1967 Chevrolet Impala.