This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the best tires for Subaru Impreza.
Subaru Impreza has a symmetrical all-wheel-drive system which allows for a stable drive even on slippery surfaces. While a standard tire may do well for light driving, you can only enjoy the best of this sedan when you pair it with top class Subaru Impreza tires.
In this article, we will take a look at some of the most popular Subaru Impreza tires. We would recommend using tires from a reputed brand as they offer the best features at a reasonable price and are also one of the best products currently available in the market.
List of Best tires for Subaru Impreza
Michelin Defender T+H
The Michelin Defender T+H is one of the best Subaru Impreza tires. Its price is higher than most of its competitors but the Defender T+H is a tire without any fault.
On the road, the Michelin Defender T+H is one of the best seller tires that provides excellent performance throughout the year. The company has claimed Michelin Defender TH to be “the longest-lasting tire among leading competitors’ tires.” This is one of the best tires from Michelin in the All-Season touring tire category.
Michelin has incorporated the next-generation Evertread compound and asymmetric tread pattern. This compound contains higher amounts of silica which results in increased traction on wet pavement. Michelin’s Intellisipe Technology and independent tread blocks help in enhancing this wet traction.
Michelin Defender T+H is very responsive for a touring model and is very much responsible for Subaru Impreza. This Subaru Impreza tire has a high level of grip and traction and very good highway stability. This tire also works well on wet surfaces and is also good for light snow surfaces.
- Outstanding responsiveness
- Excellent handling in dry and wet conditions
- Excellent braking in dry and wet conditions
- Quiet and comfortable for Subaru Impreza
- Long-lasting tread life
- 80K mile treadwear warranty
- Radial car tire for Passenger Cars and Minivans designed for All-Season performance
- MaxTouch Construction maximizes the tire's contact with the road and evenly distributes the forces of acceleration, braking and cornering, resulting in longer wear
- IntelliSipe technology designed to maximize biting edges for exceptional grip and control in all seasons, while rain grooves help prevent hydroplaning
- Comfort Control technology helps ensure ride satisfaction while minimizing tire noise while driving
- 80,000 miles manufacturer's treadwear limited warranty; 6 years standard limited warranty; 195/65R15 91H
The Goodyear Assurance MaxLife is built for all types of drivers. Generally, made for coupes, sedans, minivans, and crossovers. This tire is also best for Subaru Impreza. The Goodyear Assurance MaxLife provides the latest technology to increase traction and tread wear. That’s the reason why this tire is used in Subaru Impreza.
The Goodyear Assurance MaxLife provides the TredLife Technology by the help of which this tire provides 30% mileage than the other all-season tires which is beneficial for Subaru Impreza.
The Goodyear Assurance MaxLife Tire used an advanced rubber compound that is molded into an asymmetric tread pattern suitable for Subaru Impreza.
• Excellent cornering grip
• Dry tracking suitable for Subaru Impreza
• Easy to drive
• Easy to control
• Good braking best for Subaru Impreza
• Tread life is exceptional
• Good ice and snow braking which is required for Subaru Impreza
• Uncomfortable over large bumps
• Snow braking distance are much longer
• Handling on snow is not good
- Product Type :Tires
- Package Dimensions :26.67Cm L X60.96Cm W X60.96Cm H
- Country Of Origin :United States
- Package Weight :20.7Lbs
One of the latest tires of the Falken is the Falken Azenis FK510 which is one of the latest generation summer tires only for luxury types of vehicles, which are only designed for providing excellent grip and ultra-high performance in all types of conditions like dry and wet conditions makes it a good choice for Subaru Impreza.
Falken Azenis FK510 is packed with new technologies that bring confidence in drivers as it improves and enhances handling and stability that is good for Subaru Impreza. For example, its 4D nano design enhances tire performance in terms of tire wear and wet weather traction.
Falken Azenis FK510 tire is built with a pattern that ensures equality on every part or side of the tire. This technology is called ACP (adaptive constant pressure) technology. This technology helps in enhancing directional stability, braking performance, and overall driving dynamics which makes it a good Subaru Impreza tire. Compared to other ancestors of this tire, this tire has also a low noise rating.
The grip of this Subaru Impreza tire is average but the grip and traction on a wet surface are exceptionally excellent. However, if you are looking for a treadwear warranty, you will be disappointed. Also, on rough surfaces, this Subaru Impreza tire can be harsh.
• Excellent grip that is required for Subaru Impreza
• Excellent grip in dry conditions
• Excellent grip in wet conditions that is required for Subaru Impreza
• Advanced tread design
• Very low noise
• Improved driving
• Improved comfort makes it perfect for Subaru Impreza
• Good stability
• Good braking that is required for Subaru Impreza
• Long dry braking
• Slow steering
- Package Dimension : 25.47 inches L x 9.61 inches W x 25.47 inches H
- Load capacity: 1356
- Fit type: Universal Fit
- Construction type: radial
One of the topmost brands after Michelin and Goodyear. Its price is affordable to you as well. Cooper CS5 uses the Stabiledge Performance technology that helps interlock the tread elements, because of that it is pretty responsive and reacts to steering inputs almost instantly.
When it comes to the best budget tire, this Subaru Impreza tire is the first priority. Cooper CS5 Grand Touring tire is built for providing extra comfort to its drivers and also a very quiet ride and this tire is also very durable.
When it comes to performance, the Cooper CS5 Grand Touring can not beat the top premium tires, but it surely gives them tough competition. On the road, the performance of Cooper CS5 Grand Touring is not good in comparison to the top premium tires but that’s not something bad which a driver can notice. Most important is that this tire is safe for driving on dry and wet surfaces.
Copper provides an 80K mile treadwear warranty at a lost cost tire, which is extremely good for drivers. But the drivers that live in northern areas might not buy this Subaru Impreza tire as this Cooper tire is not best on wet and snow-covered areas or surfaces.
- Quiet as required for Subaru Impreza
- Durable tread compound
- 80K mile treadwear warranty
- Cost friendly
- Safe on dry surfaces
- Safe on wet surfaces
- Could be more responsive
- Snow traction is average
- Treadwear Warranty: 80,000 Miles
- All-Season Premium Luxury Touring Tire
- Long-lasting comfortable ride in a wide range of sizes for cars, SUVs, and CUVs
- Quiet tread design
- Superior handling, cornering and stability
Currently, this is one of the best tires in terms of comfort. No other tire can match the comfort level of Turanza QuietTrack. This all happens just because of the ComfortCruise technology package.
Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack easily glides over all the small and large bumps or imperfections on the roads. This Subaru Impreza tire is very quiet even when it is running fast. Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack also provides good performance. They didn’t skip the performance factor.
Bridgestone Turanza is molded into an asymmetric tread pattern and its innovative Quiet Track Technology combines the in groove quiet tracks, shoulder slots. The Subaru Impreza tire also has an optimized pitch which helps in reducing airborne noise and further helps in delivering a serene driving experience.
The Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack is one of the responsive tires in its Category. This tire also offers very high levels of grip, traction, and outstanding highway stability. Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack also works well on wet and snowy surfaces. The Bridgestone company provides an 80K mile treadwear warranty with this tire that easily beats any other competitors in the category.
• Outstanding handling response
• Good on wet surfaces
• Works well in light snow
• 80K mile warranty
- Engineered to Quietly Impress
- Control In Wet and Snowy Conditions
- Long-Lasting Performance for 80,000 Miles
- Comfortable and Quiet Ride
- 3D Full-Depth Sipes On All Ribs For Enhanced Snow Traction And Improved Wear Throughout The Tire's Limited Mileage Warranty Period.
Currently, the Continental PureContact LS is a good option for Subaru Impreza drivers that live in rainy areas. This tire is best because of the +Silane additives and sweeping grooves combined with deep circumferential channels. The Continental PureContact LS is currently the best grand touring tire for wet conditions areas. This tire is an excellent option for Subaru Impreza.
The dry handling of the Continental PureContact LS is also good. The Continental PureContact LS provides responsive handling along with a high level of grip, traction, and sporty steering. This tire is very quiet and smooth because of the ComfortRide technology.
The tire’s interior advancement is made of a solitary utilize polyester packaging for a general lighter weight evolution and less weight on the vehicle’s suspension. The tall pinnacle provides responsive seizing maintenance while slowing down, hurrying, and swiveling with a GT quality tire’s ride comfort. Two polyamide overlays enhance double steel belts to broaden solidness and rapidly drive fitness.
Continental Comfort Ride invention delivers an underlay underneath the path planned to divide the track from the packaging and lessen lodge vibrations. The Subaru Impreza tire comes with a 70K mile treadwear warranty.
• Excellent wet performance
• Excellent handling on dry surfaces
• Excellent ride feel
• Good on snow
• Slightly lower treadwear warranty than its competitors
- Tire Diameter: 26.33"
- Improved wet grip, wear and robustness
- All season Traction Grooves specifically designed for improved snow performance
- Comfort Ride Technology incorporates an underlay beneath the tread that is designed to isolate the tread from the casing
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ is a good option for Subaru Impreza drivers. This Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tire is good for drivers that need sporty handling. This tire is good as this tire provides real joy when it is driven. This tire is very responsive and offers class-leading grip and traction. The braking of the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ is also very responsive and strong.
With Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ you get amazingly dry and wet traction and handling throughout the year. This happens because the company uses high amounts of silica with Helio+ compound. This compound is also responsible for giving great traction in snow. The Variable Contact Patch 3.0 technology helps in delivering increased cornering grip and responsiveness, be it any driving speed.
Additionally, Michelin has tried to incorporate large circumferential grooves and variable thickness Sipes to make your ride a smooth one on wet surfaces. All in all, with a pilot you will get the performance, handling, stability that you always desired for.
The Subaru Impreza tire is an ultra-high-performance tire that works excellent on wet surfaces throughout the whole year and even on light snow. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ provides a 45K mile treadwear warranty.
• Excellent responsiveness
• Excellent grip
• Excellent traction
• Excellent braking
• 45K mile treadwear warranty
• Works in light snow
• Works well on wet surfaces
- Corner with exacting control. Our Variable Contact Patch 3.0 spreads cornering pressures evenly over the contact patch for more grip and control, plus long-lasting tires.
- You're in control, even when the weather is trying to take over. Our groundbreaking Extreme Silica+ compound stays grippy when wet, while large rain grooves and 3-D sipes help prevent hydroplaning.
- A little ice or snow won't slow you down, thanks to advanced Helio+ Technology that's built to stick even in the cold. Plus, hidden Biting Edges grab loose snow for fast starts and stops.
Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS is very close to the Pilot Sport A/S 3 plus. It is that much similar that only precise instruments can show slight differences. The Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS tire is excellent in terms of the response of a tire and this tire feels like a summer tire on the street.
Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS is also very responsive. This Subaru Impreza tire also provides very strong braking. The grip and traction are top-notch that enables you to cut corners smoothly. The wet performance of the tire is best in its category. The Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS is also good over light snow.
Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS has an outstanding tread compound that works even under cold conditions, and in light snow, something that not many tires can boast about. The Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS is quiet and has an ultra-high performance tire as well. Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS provides a 50K mile treadwear warranty. Sadly the ride becomes choppy on rough surfaces.
• Excellent handling
• Outstanding in wet conditions
• Excellent tread life
• Ride quality could be better
- Crisp Handling all Year Round
- Impressive Grip
- Improved Wet Performance (Vs. The Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS Pole Position)
- Improved Snow Performance (Vs. The Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS Pole Position)
- Backed By a 50,000 Mile Limited Treadwear Warranty
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is the best tire for Subaru Impreza drivers who live in areas of the hot climate. This tire is one of the most popular tires as the best max performance summer tire..
The Subaru Impreza tire is popular for a good reason. The responsiveness of the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is excellent, it is better than among all. The grip of this Subaru Impreza tire is top-notch and the traction levels are excellent. This tire performs excellently on all types of surfaces like wet and dry surfaces.
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S provides high-speed stability. This Subaru Impreza tire is excellent in terms of handling. The response of this tire is outstanding. Because of its excellent response, the drivers of this tire feel extra confident at high speeds. The Subaru Impreza tire is good among all fields that’s why this tire sets new standards. 30K mile treadwear warranty is provided with this Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tire.
• Outstanding stability
• Excellent grip
• Excellent traction
• Excellent high-speed stability
• Excellent wet traction
• Excellent braking
• Excellent 30K mile warranty
• Warranty is lower than most of its competitors
- Ultra high performance premium tires
- High speed tire for car enthusiast
- A street tire suitable for some track usage
- OE high performance sports cars and exotic cars
- 110th in wet lap time. 1st in wet braking
The Michelin X-Ice Xi3 is firm enough to ensure enough flexibility to provide desirable snow and ice traction in lower temperatures and stable dry and wet road handling at higher temperatures.
The Subaru Impreza tire offers low-rolling resistance and, consequently, reduces your fuel consumption and CO2 emission. It has a directional tread pattern with block edges, Cross Z sipes, micro-pumps, and variable angle, which helps minimize the risk of hydroplaning while improving treadwear, handling, and traction regardless if it is used on dry, wet, mush, slush, or icy conditions.
The Michelin X-Ice Xi3 should last many seasons as the treadwear is very slow, and the tire comes with a great warranty of 30,000 to 40,000-miles depending on speed rating.
- Very good snow and ice traction
- Supreme 40,000-mile treadwear warranty
- Excellent dry and wet handling
- Braking could be improved
- This 3rd generation X-Ice winter tire provides the necessary traction to safely overcome extreme winter conditions featuring Cross Z Sipes , Micro-Pumps, and FleX-Ice compound.
- The MICHELIN X-Ice Xi3 tire provides winter performance with MICHELIN MaxTouch Construction which features a unique contact patch shape - maximizing even and longer tread life.
- The MICHELIN X-Ice Xi3 is also designed to be environmentally friendly to help reduce fuel consumption in addition to having excellent winter grip and long lasting tread life.
We have come to the end of the list of the best tires for Subaru Impreza for 2021. We have done in-depth research on all the available Subaru Impreza tires that are going to be the best option for your vehicle. Our article is completely based on our own experiences and on user opinion and reviews available in the public domain.
The list was made keeping in mind the stability and traction of the tires among other things. You will find every kind of tire you need on this list. Before buying a Subaru Impreza tire you must check if it is only for driving on the highway or you can drive it off-road too.
And while you might be attracted by cheap options, remember that the best tires for Subaru Impreza are the ones that can last long. Let us know in the comments if we missed out on any candidate for the best Subaru Impreza tires list.