Toyota is among those companies that produce SUVs specifically for off-road driving, they are always ahead to satisfy the needs of off-road fans around the world. In fact, the company has one of the best portfolios of SUVs and trucks, other than the SUV specialists, Jeep. Toyota 4Runner is immensely loved by the SUV fans in the USA, all thanks to the rugged design and amazing off-road abilities.
And having a good set of Toyota 4Runner tires will help to get the most out of your 4Runner. Today owners have plenty of tire options to meet the demands of their driving style and climate. But having so many options makes it difficult to decide on one product. That’s why you are gonna need a guide with a list of the best Toyota 4Runner tires to make it easy for you to choose the ideal tire.
The best tires for Toyota 4Runner should be able to deliver excellent off-road traction and be completely safe and reliable on the road in most weather conditions. Luckily, we are here to help you. At TopTireReviews you are gonna get a detailed list of the best Toyota 4Runner tires that you can purchase.
So, take a look at the list that includes 10 of the best tires for the Toyota 4Runner.
Top 10 Best Toyota 4Runner Tires
The Dueler H/L Alenza Plus Tire by Bridgestone can perform in all kinds of weather. It is among the most popular and best tires for Toyota 4Runner because it provides a reliable and safe driving experience throughout the year.
It can perform quite well over dry and wet surfaces. In the same way, the Bridgestone Dueller H/L Alenza Plus tire handles light snow efficiently. Moreover, it offers amazing high-speed stability, excellent traction, a capable grip, and strong braking.
In simple words, we can say that this is among those Toyota 4Runner tires which is responsive and durable and also offers excellent traction on almost every kind of road. So, if you are searching for durable, long-lasting, and solid-performing all-season tires for your Toyota 4Runner, Bridgestone H/L Alenza Plus could be a good choice.
Apart from these, the best attraction of the Dueller H/L Alenza Plus is that Bridgestone offers an 80,000-mile warranty on it.
- Very good performance in dry and wet conditions
- Best-in-class durability record
- Usable in light snow
- Outstanding comfort and quietness levels
- Not the most responsive tire around
- High-performance summer tire for sporty coupes and sedans
- Pattern ribs provide shorter braking distances
- Asymmetric tread design for increased handling
- Angled sides for better steering precision
- Unique grooves allow increased clearance of water for better resistance to aquaplaning
The Michelin Defender LTX M/S is the tire you should be looking for if you tow large trailers with your 4Runner. It is also one of the best all-season highway tires. Although Defender LTX M/S is basically a highway tire, we have included it in our list of the best tires for Toyota 4Runner.
It provides excellent high-speed stability, due to its Maxtouch construction. Besides this, it also offers excellent gripping, traction, and braking performance, that works amazingly well both in dry and wet conditions.
Furthermore, these Toyota 4Runner tires are very strong and comfortable as well as quiet at high speeds. Michelin provides a 70,000-mile treadwear warranty on Defender LTX M/S. We can say that it is one of the best Toyota 4Runner tires available in the market.
- Quiet and comfortable
- Outstanding wet traction on powerful diesel trucks
- Very good high-speed stability
- Excellent dry handling in warm and cold conditions
- One of the best tires for towing and hauling
- Not the best option for harsh wintry conditions
- Radial car tire for Light Trucks, SUVs and Crossovers designed for All-Season use; provides exceptional grip for shorter braking distances on wet roads
- More Mileage- MICHELIN EverTread Compound provides 10% more longevity in severe conditions, compared to its predecessor.
- Reduced risk of hydroplaning- outstanding grip for improved braking performance on wet roads and better traction on snow when compared to leading competitors.
- Fuel-efficient and eco-friendly- Features MICHELIN MaxTouch Construction to save up to 65 gallons of fuel over the tire's life
- 70,000 Miles Manufacturer's Treadwear Limited Warranty; 6 Year Standard Limited Warranty; 245/60R18 105H
General Grabber HTS 60 is a cheaper alternative yet it is one of the best tires for Toyota 4Runner. This tire is best suited for those who want to save some money when buying new Toyota 4Runner tires.
Despite the fact of its lower pricing, the HTS 60 by General Grabber still managed to deliver impressive performance on the road. In simple words, we can say that the General Grabber HTS 60 is a safe and reliable tire, whether a trailer is attached to it or not.
However, its LT metric versions have slightly worse traction on wet surfaces. But keeping that aside, it is very comfortable and quiet even at high speeds and comes with a 50,000-mile treadwear warranty.
- Good high-speed stability
- Quiet and comfortable
- LT-sized versions are excellent for towing and hauling big payloads
- Fair price
- Heavy-duty versions are worse good in the rain
- General Tire offers a tough, all-season tire that provides the perfect synergy of comfort, durability and performance for light trucks, SUVs and Crossovers
- Cut and chip resistant compound, coupled with ultra high strength steel belts and a broad, flat contour, provide confident stability, even wear and responsive handling
- An absorption layer isolates the vehicle from road disturbances, while sound barrier ribs impede sound generated in the center of the pattern
- A flatter footprint, optimized tread pattern stiffness and an improved tread compound provides long even wear
Goodyear holds a good name in the tire industry. And the Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure tire by Goodyear is known for its outstanding traction. This tire is capable to deliver solid performance over hardpacked surfaces, mud terrain as well as rocks and surely deserves to be on our list of the best tires for Toyota 4Runner.
It is also tough and durable because it can resist sharp rocks easily. Although it is primarily an off-road tire, the Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar performs very well as an all-season tire when equipped in your 4Runner, even for winter driving as well. Moreover, its stability and cornering grip are also very good.
On the other hand, the traction is excellent even on wet surfaces. To add further, on Unpacked Snow its traction is probably the best in the all-season category, thanks to the 3PMSF rating. Its ride quality is smooth on most surfaces. Also, Goodyear provides a 60,000-mile treadwear warranty on Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar.
- Best-in-class 60,000-mile treadwear warranty
- Usable on every off-road surface
- Surprisingly good on the road
- Excellent snow traction
- Not the best tread pattern for sand driving
- Fit Type: Vehicle Specific
- Load Capacity: 2469
- Package quantity :1
- Product type :TIRES
The BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 gives tough competition to the Goodyear Wrangler All-terrain tire and also resembles it in many ways. First of all, it is quite durable like that of the Goodyear Wrangler. Besides, its overall off-road traction is also brilliant.
The BFGoodrich T/A KO2 makes you feel safe while driving on the road which is a bonus point for an off-road-focused tire. Meanwhile, these Toyota 4Runner tires offer ample traction and grip through the corners along with top-notch longitudinal traction.
And on wet surfaces, you won’t have to worry because it gives enough traction there as well. Additionally, KO2 comes with a 50,000-mile treadwear warranty which is good enough for the category. But the ride quality is of average level and it can be noisy on the highway.
- Excellent traction and braking on snow
- A very tough and durable compound
- Very good street performance
- Usable in deep mud and over large rocks
- Outstanding off-road traction
- Noisy on the highway
- CoreGard Technology: Tougher Sidewall Rubber: Split & bruise resistant sidewall rubber, derived from BFGoodrich's race proven Baja T/AKR2 tire. Thicker, Extended Shoulder Rubber: Increased rubber thickness, extending down the sidewall to protect more of the critical sidewall failure zone. Advanced Deflection Design: Computer predicted object path design deflects protruding objects from snagging & splitting the sidewall.
- Specially formulated tread rubber: Optimally blended to reduce chip and tear for superior gravel road endurance. Advanced tire footprint shape: results in more evenly distributed stress, for longer more uniform wear. Interlocking Tread Design: provide increased tread block stability, for more even wear over the long haul Stone Ejectors: Rejects stone retention & provides extra tread cleanout protection against stone drilling.
- Upper Sidewall Traction Bars: Protruding sidewall rubber blocks that provide increased mud, snow & rock traction, especially in aired-down driving situations. Mud-Phobic Bars: Raised bars in the shoulder tread area that helps to release compacted mud for enhanced traction in muddy and soft soil conditions.
- Serrated Shoulder Design: Staggered shoulder blocks that provide greater maneuverability in soft soil and deep snow conditions. Locking 3-D Sipes: 3-D active sipe technology, that provides more biting edges for significantly increased snow traction. 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake: Exceeds Rubber Manufacturer Association (RMA) Severe Snow Traction requirements.
In the off-road community, Mickey Thompson is a well-known name. They are known for producing high-quality tires that are proven to work effectively on almost any type of terrain. With that said, its Baja ATZ P3 tires are one of the best tires for Toyota 4Runner.
Moreover, Baja ATZ P3 is their all-terrain tire with “dune” capabilities. Being an all-terrain tire and having dune capabilities, it is a worthy name to be included in our list of the best Toyota 4Runner tires.
This tire is tough enough to be deflated almost fully because of the Silica-reinforced compound present with cut-chip resistance and Powerplay 3-Ply sidewall construction that is there to protect the sidewalls. Moreover, due to its Deep aggressive shoulder SideBiters and scalloped shoulder lugs, the Baja ATZ P3 by Mickey Thomson is able to provide outstanding traction to the driver on other off-road surfaces, such as rocks and mud making it a perfect match for your Toyota 4Runner.
- Surprisingly useful on the road
- Tough and durable (45,000-mile treadwear warranty)
- Excellent sand traction and resistance to sinking
- Unusable in the snow
- Season: All Season
- Type: Truck / SUV, All Terrain / Off Road / Mud
- 37X13.50R22, Speed Index 99 mph, Max Load 3417 lbs, Tire Weight 85 lbs
- Speed rating: Q
The next name that comes in our list of best tires for Toyota 4Runner is Falken Wildpeak AT3W which seems to be an outstanding tire for the off-road devotees. The best part is that it has an aggressive tread pattern with deep grooves that helps to provide ample traction on every kind of terrain.
Regardless of the tread pattern, these Toyota 4Runner tires are able to drive on the road impressively. Along with good grip and traction, it also has excellent cornering stability. Additionally, its performance is quite good on both wet as well as icy surfaces.
Moreover, the Wildpeak AT3W is reasonably priced which consequently makes it an ideal option for budget-minded buyers. Although the ride quality is good, the tread growl is noticeable.
Besides all these, this all-terrain tire is tough and durable and to add further the company offers an excellent 55,000-mile treadwear warranty on Wildpeak AT3W.
- Very safe on the road, both over dry and wet surfaces
- One of the best all-terrain tires for off-roading
- Excellent 55,000-mile treadwear warranty
- Fair price
- Outstanding performance in snowy conditions
- Tire roar at high speed
- All-terrain, any-weather rugged capability
- Heat diffuser technology in the lower sidewall dissipates heat to protect the internal tire components. Keeping this critical area of the tire cool ensures vehicle stability even when towing or carrying heavy loads.
- 3D Canyon sipe technology interlocks the shoulders to resist wear from high torque as well as providing additional handling stability.
- Rugged and rigid tread blocks feature support ramps and step-down features that provide tread-pattern rigidity in the contact patch, enhancing vehicle stability and handling while also preventing stones from becoming trapped in the grooves.
- Aggressive upper sidewall along with offset shoulder blocks protect the tire from sharp rocks and provide additional off-road traction at low tire pressures or in off-camber situations.
You shouldn’t be looking anywhere else than the BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 if you want to get the best performance in mud from your 4Runner.
This tire is simply great for off-road and certainly one of the best tires for Toyota 4Runner. Although it doesn’t come with any treadwear warranty, the T/A KM3 tire is very tough and durable. These Toyota 4Runner tires give the best traction not only in soil but also on rocks, dirt, and gravel.
And unlike most mud-terrain tires the BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 even works in wet conditions. Meanwhile, its on-road performance is fine but still can be noisy on the highway.
- Outstanding mud-terrain performance
- Tough and durable
- Excellent on any terrain
- Noise on the highway
- 5% Better Mud Traction
- 8% Better Rock Traction
- 27% Tougher Sidewalls
- fit type: Universal Fit
As already said about Goodyear that it is a well-known name in the tire industry. The Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar by Goodyear is another one of the best tires for Toyota 4Runner available in the market, just like the Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar.
It might have the most traction for rocky surfaces than other Toyota 4Runner tires and gives amazing traction on every type of surface, including rocks, mud, dirt, and sand. Meanwhile, like every other Wrangler tire, it is also made from Kevlar, which is responsible to improve toughness and durability along with better puncture resistance.
When on the road, driving Wrangler MT/R over dry surfaces is safe but its performance over wet surfaces needs to be improved a little bit. And we would say the same for unpacked snow as well.
- Outstanding off-road traction
- Very good high-speed stability
- Extra tough and durable
- Snow traction could be better
- Wet traction and braking could be better
- Off-Road Traction
- Confident Handling
- Wet Traction
- Style : black_sidewall
Here comes another tire from Michelin in our list of best tires for Toyota 4Runner. The company used its flex-ice silica-based winter tread compound on the Latitude X-Ice Xi2, which helps the tire stay at a lower temperature.
It has a directional tread design due to which it gives ample traction on the wet surfaces. And the Cross Z-Sipes further help to provide multiple biting edges for snow and ice traction. Moreover, the handling and braking are also superb like the other Toyota 4Runner tires listed in this list.
It has exceptional hydroplaning resistance consequently, delivering excellent wet performance as well. Additionally, Michelin provides a 40,000-mile treadwear warranty on the Latitude X-Ice Xi2 tire.
- Best tread life among winter tires
- Exceptional hydroplaning resistance
- Outstanding ice traction and braking
- Excellent 40,000-mile treadwear warranty
- Good handling on dry surfaces
- Best-in-class grip and traction over packed and unpacked snow
- Higher price than competitors
- The special FleX-Ice compound is formulated to maintain its flexibility under the most extreme cold-weather conditions while Micro-Pumps and Cross Z Sipe technology provide improved stability in all winter conditions.
- The wide tread contact patch generates acceleration and braking power, as well as cornering traction for outstanding maneuvering on snow and icy roads.
- This tire provides long lasting winter performance with sipes and Micro-Pumps that are maintained season after season and MICHELIN Max Touch Construction which features a unique contact patch shape - maximizing even and longer tread life.
Our list of the best tires for Toyota 4Runner ends here. As you can see our list of the best Toyota 4Runner tires includes all-terrain tires and all-season tires.
All these tires are designed to function optimally in all weather conditions. We have done thorough research to prepare this list and put together the top names. Because here at TopTireReviews we are bound to provide you a genuine and honest review and information about the products.
We hope that our list of the best tires for Toyota 4Runner will help you to eventually decide the ideal tire to equip in your vehicle.
Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.