To help you choose the best performing tire to keep you safe on wet, icy, or snowy winter roads, we have currently reviewed the best winter tires in the market.
Many people have the misconception about winter tires that they do not need them if they have four-wheel drive or the tires are only worth fitting if they are driving in snow or ice, but both are wrong. The traction and extra grip of winter tires are far greater than summer tires. Along with being tangible in temperatures below seven °C and on wet roads, the benefits are clear to see on snow and ice.
So by now, the question might have struck your mind that what are the best tires for winter.
List Of 10 Best Winter Tires
Here we go listing our reviews on winter tires which is not only based on our survey but also on the reviews of others who prefer winter tires for their vehicles.
Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 is one of the best winter tires available on the market. The WS-80 is, without a doubt, a leader in the industry for traction and stability when driving on ice and snow. It has the latest snow tire technology – the NanoPro Tech Multicell tread compound that improves traction on wet and snowy roads and 3-D zigzag sipes that provide biting edges for improved traction to dig on the snow. As per people’s review, it is exceptionally brilliant and provides the most comfortable driving experience, but tread life could be improved, they added.
- A Leader In Control On Ice
- Confident Stopping Power On Snow And Ice
- Reliable Handling In Winter Conditions
- Bit Particles For Impressive Traction On Ice
2. Nokian WR G3
Nokian WR G3 comes with two different tread patterns to fulfill the needs of different size categories – a durable alternative arrow-shaped tread pattern (for smaller family cars drivers who value safe, economical driving) and an asymmetrical pattern (for most sizes with special emphasis on sensitive driver response, even at high speeds). It provides the best driving safety and can be used year-round. Nokian WR G3 also has some special features like 3D siping, stylish polished main grooves, run-flat/Flat Run property (optional), carries the Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMSF) symbol, and guarantees the complete absence of toxic chemicals in Nokian production methods.
The Michelin X-Ice Xi3 is firm enough to ensure enough flexibility to provide desirable snow and ice traction in lower temperatures and stable dry and wet road handling at higher temperatures. The tire offers low-rolling resistance and, consequently, reduces your fuel consumption and CO2 emission. It has a directional tread pattern with block edges, Cross Z sipes, micro-pumps, and variable angle, which helps minimize the risk of hydroplaning while improving treadwear, handling, and traction regardless if it is used on dry, wet, mush, slush, or icy conditions. The Michelin X-Ice Xi3 should last many seasons as the treadwear is very slow and the tire comes with a great warranty of 30,000 to 40,000-miles depending on speed rating.
- BFGOODRICH TRAIL-TERRIAN T/A TIRE—Made for light trucks, SUVs and crossover vehicles, the BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain T/A tire is road worthy and adventure ready
- PAVED AND UNPAVED ROADS—You're set for what's next with tires that are designed to be durable enough for paved or unpaved roads
- BUILT TO LAST—An optimized footprint design, featuring Full-Depth 3-D Locking Sipes, provides excellent tread block stability for even wear, which results in longer tread life and a quiet, comfortable ride
- ALL-SEASON PERFORMANCE—Engineered to create plenty of power and grip so adverse weather doesn't stand in your way, BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain T/A tires provide the performance you need in rain, snow or shine
- THE BFGOODRICH PROMISE—The BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain T/A tire is backed by a 60,000-Mile Warranty and a 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee; 235/55R18/XL 104H
The Goodyear Eagle Ultra Grip Ice WRT is a winter tire featuring Goodyear’s unique V-TRED technology that reduces the risk of aquaplaning by evacuating water and slush from the tire. Its tread pattern is designed with a high proportion of sipes that bites into snow and ice to enhance your vehicle’s traction in freezing conditions. It delivers good performance throughout the year. It has 3D Treadlock technology that increases the cornering grip. But according to the reviews, people also added that tires become noisy with use.
- Product Type :Vehicle Tire
- Package Dimensions :26.0" L X26.0" W X9.0" H
- Country Of Origin :United States
- Package Weight :26.0Lbs
The high-performance Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D is a winter tire made for passenger vehicles. Its Jointless Band Technology ensures a close road contact and maintains the ideal tire shape, allowing the tire to absorb the shock of driving. At the same time, they are in motion decreasing the road vibrations felt in the vehicle’s cabin. This helps enable a comfortable and smooth driving experience with a longer tread life. The interlocking 3D sipes in the tire’s shoulder blocks and the directional tread pattern add to dry pavement traction and cornering grip on snow, ice, and other tough winter conditions.
The Hankook I*Cept Evo is a simple yet solid performing tire with an asymmetric tread pattern that enables it to provide comfortable and stable driving with excellent traction on wet and dry roads. It has unique Polar Bear Claw traction grooves in the tread providing extra bites on ice and snow. To help improving braking ability on all surfaces, it has a ribbed design, but on the dark side, this creates a problem on wet and slushy roads.
- Center blocks and shoulder blocks with high rigidity provide improved off-road traction handling
- V shaped lateral grooves bite the surface for additional off-road and show grip
- Aggressive sidewall enhances off-raod traction and protection in tough terrains
- The beveled edges minimize impact to reduce road noise
- Pattern arranged by tread pitch variation technology, the optimized pattern reduces noise for a more comfortable ride
The General Altimax Arctic is one of the best-selling winter tires with excellent traction on all surfaces featuring high-density siping (which increases braking and acceleration even on hard-packed snow surfaces) and an all-weather dual tread compound(that increases wet traction). It provides exceptional steering control and stability on snow.
- Micro hydro generator, the potential energy conversion of the water into electrical energy mechanical equipment
- High UV and water resistance for a long life,the life of generator:more than 3000h
- Appearance: generator surface cleaning, no corrosion, the structure is strong
- Output characteristics: the output voltage with no voltage regulator is proportional to the water pressure
- The life of generator:more than 3000h
The Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 continues to be a series of high-performance winter tires built for drivers of sedans, sport coupes, and other high-performance vehicles. It is designed with Stabiligrip 3D siping around the tread for impressive handling and dependable traction. For maximum bite in winter weather conditions, it uses a sunflower oil Helio tread compound that is also silica-based. It has excellent slush, snow, and rain handling, and very good acceleration and braking in snow.
- Performance made to last.
- Elevate your potential in all seasons.
- The first all season tire chosen by Chevrolet for the Corvette.
The Continental ExtremeWinterContact provides a quiet and more comfortable ride with a dependable grip in deep snow and ice for drivers of pickups, crossovers, minivans, and SUVs. Along with being priced lower than most other offerings, it provides a good steering control in dry and wet conditions while boasting an attractive tread compound with siping to improve traction in snow. For improving performance on dry roads, it is specially designed with lateral grooves. But for Continental ExtremeWinterContact, tread durability acts as an obstacle.
The Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 is a fuel-efficient, low rolling resistance, and the most advanced non-studded winter tire technology. It has sturdy handling and is extremely stable during high-speed cornering. To allow it to dig into the surface for traction, it has a Claw design and is also specially designed with a unique silica-based tread compound. This tire has an impressive performance on snow and ice.
The best winter tires for the year 2020 can be concluded to be built and designed with grooves, biting edges, to increase the traction on snow surfaces and newer technologies. Roads in winter become blocked with slush and snow which becomes hazardous for traveling. The tires discussed above are best from the safety point of view to travel safely on snow-affected roads. All of the above ten tire models make excellent choices.