Replacing their distinguished G-Max AS-03, General launched its new tire under the name G-Max AS-05 in May 2017. General G Max AS 05 Tire is an ultra-high performance all-season tire that promises to offer an amazing experience to the drivers. Whether you want it for your sports car or for your luxury sedan, General is ready to serve you with their contemporary G-Max AS-05.
General G-Max AS-05 is loaded with smart features. One of them is Smart monitor tread indicators which indicate visually when the tire needs to be replaced. G-Max AS-05 is also adorned with the General’s Visual alignment indicator to indicate when the alignment has to be fixed.
General G-Max AS-05 comes with unique GripTread technology and an asymmetric tread pattern which helps in boosting the traction on wet/dry pavements. These features also help in providing more responsive handling and cornering grip. The G-Max AS-05 is designed to give a longer tread life with General’s StabiliTread Technology. This technology also enhances the tread wear of the tire by creating a larger contact patch.
G-Max AS-05 comes in 54 sizes ranging from 16-22 inches with a W-speed rating. The list of all the tire sizes offered by General is given below.
- 【American Flag Design】: Our car tire valve stem caps are designed with the pattern of the American flag. Not only is this the perfect way to showcase your patriotism and love of freedom, it's also the perfect way to enhance your car's sense of style.
- 【Top Material】: This tire valve stem cover is made of high quality metal material, which can effectively enhance the sealing, but also to prevent rust, air leakage, dust and water. In addition, it prevents valve leaks and extends tire life to ensure safe and stable driving.
- 【General Suitability】: The size of this valve caps is 0.5 x 0.4 inches. Universal size fits more cars, bus trucks, SUVs, motorcycle, bike or bicycle.
- 【Easy to Use】: It can be easily installed and removed in seconds, tightened by your hand without any tools.
- 【Client Support】: Please feel free to contact us at first if there is any problem when you receive or use our products. We are always here to support you.
General G Max AS 05 Tire Sizes
195/50R16 84W BSW
205/45R16 83W BSW
205/50R16 87W BSW
205/55R16 91W BSW
215/55R16 93W BSW
225/50R16 92W BSW
225/55R16 95W BSW
205/40R17 84W XL BSW
205/45R17 88W XL BSW
205/50R17 93W XL BSW
215/50R17 95W XL BSW
215/55R17 94W BSW
225/45R17 91W BSW
225/50R17 94W BSW
225/55R17 97W BSW
235/45R17 94W BSW
235/50R17 96W BSW
235/55R17 99W BSW
245/40R17 91W BSW
245/45R17 95W BSW
245/50R17 99W BSW
275/40R17 98W BSW
215/40R18 89W XL BSW
215/45R18 93W XL BSW
225/40R18 92W XL BSW
225/45R18 91W BSW
225/50R18 95W BSW
235/40R18 95W XL BSW
235/45R18 98W XL BSW
235/50R18 97W BSW
245/40R18 97W XL BSW
245/45R18 100W XL BSW
245/55R18 103W BSW
255/35R18 94W XL BSW
255/40R18 99W XL BSW
255/45R18 103W XL BSW
265/35R18 97W XL BSW
275/40R18 99W BSW
225/40R19 93W XL BSW
225/45R19 92W BSW
245/40R19 98W XL BSW
245/45R19 98W BSW
255/35R19 96W XL BSW
255/40R19 100W XL BSW
275/40R19 101W BSW
245/35R20 95W XL BSW
245/40R20 99W XL BSW
245/45R20 103W XL BSW
255/35R20 97W XL BSW
255/45R20 105W XL BSW
275/35R20 102W XL BSW
275/40R20 106W XL BSW
265/40R22 106W XL BSW
AS-05 is better than its predecessor, AS-03, in terms of traction and cornering stability making it a top dog in the market. General’s contemporary G Max AS 05 tire will give you a comfortable and quiet ride. It comes with a 500 UTGC rating and we think that it can compete well with its contemporaries like Michelin AS3 Plus, Continental DWS06, and others.
Talking about the overall performance of AS 05, it is highly recommended by us. It can be considered as one of the best ultra-high performance tires. If you are someone who loves driving and are looking for outstanding traction and cornering performance then AS 05 should be on your list. G Max AS 05 can go with a number of vehicles mentioned in the following column.
- Dry and wet traction
- Outstanding cornering grip and stability
- Comfortable ride for UHP tire
- Treadlife better than average
- Too early to know winter performance
What Vehicles Will General G Max AS 05 Tire Fit?
- Acura TL, RL, RSX
- Audi A6, A4, A8L, TT
- BMW 135i, 545i, 550i, 750Li, M5, M3, 330i
- Buick Regal, Lucerne
- Chevrolet Corvette, Impala, Monte Carlo SS, Camaro, Cobalt, Cruze, Malibu
- Chrysler 200
- Dodge Charger, Avenger, Challenger
- Ford Mustang GT, Fusion, Focus, Explorer, Contour
- Honda Civic, CRZ
- Hyundai Sonata, Veloster
- Jaguar XKR, XK8
- Lexus GS350, GS430, IS300, LS460L
- Lincoln LS
- Mazda3, RX-8, Miata
- Mercedes-Benz E550, SL55, SL500, SLK320, CLK430
- Nissan 370Z, Maxima
- Pontiac GTO, G8, G6, Grand Prix, Trans Am
- Scion TC
- Subaru Legacy, Outback, Impreza, BRZ
- Volkswagen Jetta, CC Sport, Passat, GTO, and many others
The General G-Max AS-05 ranges from approximately $98 and goes higher depending upon the tire size and other factors. You may get discounts, rebates, and special offers on this tire occasionally as decided by the manufacturer.
General G Max AS 05 Tire comes with a 45-day or 2/32 inch of wear customer satisfaction trial assurance. Tread warranty of 50000 is also provided by General. Along with this, a 6-year warranty is given on material and workmanship. This also includes first-year or first 2/32 inch free replacement. A prorated amount is given for the remaining time period or down to the final 2/32 inch of tread depth.
Please read our other top tire review
- Firestone All-Season: A worth buy or not?
- Michelin Primacy MXV4: Worth the purchase or not?
- Westlake Tires: Latest Review in 2020
- Yokohama YK740 GTX Tire Review and Rating
My name is Nick, and I am a car mechanic from Wichita, Kansas. And I drive a 1967 Chevrolet Impala.