Michelin Defender T+H is one great all-season tire that is durable and comfortable. The company has claimed Michelin Defender TH to be “the longest-lasting tire among leading competitors’ tires.” This is one of the best tires from Michelin in the All-Season touring tire category.
Built specially for coupes, family sedans, minivans, and small crossover, this one will deliver an overall great performance in wet and dry surfaces.
In this article, we take you on a journey through all its features and give an in-depth review of Michelin Defender TH.
Michelin has incorporated next-generation Evertread compound and asymmetric tread pattern. This compound contains higher amounts of silica which results in increased traction on wet pavement. Michelin’s Intellisipe Technology and independent tread blocks help in enhancing this wet traction.
The interlocked zig-zag sipes around the tire increase the performance on snow-covered surfaces. All these features make Michelin Defender TH an excellent all-season tire. Moreover, the Comfort Control Technology, as the name suggests, gives you a smooth and comfortable driving experience in even the toughest terrains.
If you are looking for a durable all-season tire then you can go for Michelin Defender T+H. Michelin has tried to tackle all the flaws of its previous models in this one.
- Dependable dry and wet traction
- Comfortable and quiet ride
- Great Tread-life
- Value for money
- Not for deep snow or on ice and hard-pack
- BFGOODRICH TRAIL-TERRIAN T/A TIRE—Made for light trucks, SUVs and crossover vehicles, the BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain T/A tire is road worthy and adventure ready
- PAVED AND UNPAVED ROADS—You're set for what's next with tires that are designed to be durable enough for paved or unpaved roads
- BUILT TO LAST—An optimized footprint design, featuring Full-Depth 3-D Locking Sipes, provides excellent tread block stability for even wear, which results in longer tread life and a quiet, comfortable ride
- ALL-SEASON PERFORMANCE—Engineered to create plenty of power and grip so adverse weather doesn't stand in your way, BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain T/A tires provide the performance you need in rain, snow or shine
- THE BFGOODRICH PROMISE—The BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain T/A tire is backed by a 60,000-Mile Warranty and a 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee; 255/70R18/XL 116H
Michelin Defender T+H compatible vehicles
This one is highly compatible with most vehicles including coupes, family sedans, minivans, and small crossovers. Here is an extensive list of vehicles that support Defender TH. We couldn’t include ALL the compatible vehicles in the list.
- Buick Park Avenue, Regal, Le Sabre, Century, Lacrosse
- Cadillac De Ville
- Chevrolet HHR, Impala, Malibu, Cobalt, Cruze, Venture
- Chrysler Sebring, Town & Country
- Dodge Charger, Stratus, Magnum, Avenger, Grand Caravan
- Ford Fusion, Taurus, Focus, Flex, Crown Victoria, Freestar
- Honda Accord, Civic, Insight, CR-V, Odyssey
- Hyundai Sonata, Santa Fe, Elantra, Genesis
- Kia Optima, Soul, Forte, Amanti
- Lexus ES330, ES350, LS430
- Lincoln Town Car
- Mazda 929, Mazda6, Mazda5 MPV
- Nissan Altima, Quest, Maxima, Sentra, Cube, Versa
- Pontiac Grand Prix, Grand Am, Vibe, Bonneville
- Scion xB, xA
- Subaru Outback
- Toyota Camry, Prius, Solara, Avalon, Corolla, Sienna, RAV4
- Volkswagen Jetta, Golf, Passat, Touareg
Michelin Defender T+H is available in various tire sizes ranging from 16 to 18 inches. The complete list of the available tire sizes is given below.
- 205/55R16 91H BSW
- 205/60R16 92H BSW
- 215/65R16 98H BSW
- 235/60R16 100H BSW
- 215/55R17 94H BSW
- 215/60R17 96H BSW
- 215/65R17 99H BSW
- 225/50R17 94H BSW
- 225/55R17 97H BSW
- 235/50R17 96H BSW
- 235/55R17 99H BSW
- 215/55R18 95H BSW
At what price you can get your Michelin Defender T+H?
You can get your hands on these excellent tires from anywhere between $123 and up. If you are lucky enough you may find occasional rebates, discount prices, coupons, and special offers as well.
Michelin offers a 6-year or 80,000-mile tread warranty on their Defender T+H. The materials and workmanship is also covered under this warranty.
Uniformity of the tire is guaranteed for the first year or first 2/32 inch of wear. You get a free replacement during the first year or the first 2/32 inch of wear.
A key point to know here is that Michelin includes a 3-year flat tire changing service and a 30-Day customer satisfaction guarantee. Do not worry if you are not satisfied, Michelin will give you either an exchange with a different model or get a full refund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where to buy Michelin Defender T+H?
You can buy the Michelin Defender T+H from any of the following providers for quick and breezy service. We recommend you to buy the Michelin Defender T+H from Amazon, TireRack or DiscountTire for the best deals.
What is the warranty that is provided with Michelin Defender T+H?
The manufacturer provides a warranty of 6-year or 80,000-mile tread warranty. You can check the precise details on their official website.
What is the speed rating for Michelin Defender T+H?
The Michelin Defender T+H is rated T/H, which translates for a rated speed of 118-130 miles per hour.
What type of tire is Michelin Defender T+H?
The Michelin Defender T+H is an All-season tire, which performs the best on dry and wet roads, avoid on snow roads.
How much noise does the Michelin Defender T+H make?
The Michelin Defender T+H uses it’s Comfort Control Technology to reduce tire noise and provide a comfortable driving experience.
Does Michelin Defender T+H justify its price?
In our opinion, the Michelin Defender T+H has sufficiently great reviews, and there would be no reason to move away from choosing the Michelin Defender T+H.