Road Hugger tires are a private tire label which is offered by Discount Tire. If you are here then you must be thinking that whether this is the right tire for you or not? In short, you were searching for an honest Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire Review. So, if you want the answer to your question then stay on this page.
Because here we are going to look at every pro and con of this tire in our Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire Review.
As mentioned above Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire is sold by the Discount Tire company. And this high-performance all-season tire is designed with better performance, traction, and handling in mind. It is built to be used on all types of sport coupes, sedans, and crossovers. As well as is value-priced for the budget-minded drivers.
A unique all-season tread compound is used in this Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire that is matched up with an asymmetric tread pattern and designed for a dependable dry and wet traction. Meanwhile, the tire’s continuous center rib is there to provide quicker steering response, while on the other hand, also delivering enhanced braking and acceleration.
Its larger shoulder blocks and intermediate ribs add to the cornering stability in GT Ultra Tire. And also enhances the overall handling performance, which is really a plus point for this tire. Furthermore, GT Ultra Tire by Road Hugger provides a more responsive feel than you often find on other tires in this class/category.
And for the added grip(especially on the wet pavement) four circumferential grooves and 3-D sipes around the tread in the Road Hugger GT Ultra tire are being used. Besides, these sipes are also designed to help with traction on snow and ice as well.
Finally, tapered groove edges and the added sipes in GT Ultra Tire further provide for increased tread life. Moreover, with a 460 UTQG rating you can expect decent treadwear from this tire. Also, the Road Hugger has several 16-20 inch sizes available, and all sizes feature a W-speed rating.
- Treadwear is better than many in this class
- Cornering performance
- Dry and wet traction
- Add more sizes
- Winter traction is fair
- Tire Size: 225/75R15 ST 225/75R15 205 75R15, Max Capacity: 2830/2470 pounds; Maximum PSI: 80; Rim Diameter: 15"; Rim Width: 6" ;Load Range: E= 10 Ply Construction
- Ark Motoring Radial ply tire is constructed with double steel belts and double polyester cords for increased durability,and shoulder design provides better heat dissipation resulting in longer tread life and even wear.Nylon cap ply ( A protective layer of nylon is wrapped around entire tread area), to help prevent tread separation.
- This ST 225/75R15 tire uses radial construction,Created specifically for boating, cargo, utility, or horse and stock, as well as towable RVs and toy haulers.
- Wheel NOT included ! Refer to your existing tire sidewall and/or trailer owner's manual to determine the appropriate tire size and load capacity for your application. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us !
- Their unique and advanced tread pattern is designed to wear down the tires evenly. This also makes them capable of withstanding high levels of heat on the road. They are also built with a high-quality, high-tensile belt package that helps to resist punctures.
What Vehicles Will The Road Hugger GT Ultra Fit?
(This is not a complete list of ALL vehicles this tire will fit)
- Ford Focus, Fusion, Mustang
- Honda Accord, Civic, Fit, CRV
- Hyundai Elantra, Sonata, Genesis
- Kia Forte, OptimaChevrolet Cobalt, Cruze, Malibu, Impala
- Chrysler PT Cruiser, 200
- Dodge Caliber, Charger
- Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6
- Subaru Forester, Impreza, Legacy
- Toyota Camry, Corolla, Prius
- Volkswagen Golf, Jetta, Passat
- Nissan Altima, Sentra
- Pontiac G6, Trans Am
- Scion xA, xB, xD
Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire Sizes
195/50R16 88W XL BSW
225/45R17 94W XL BSW
235/40R18 95W XL BSW
245/40R19 98W XL BSW
245/35R20 95W XL BSW
245/45R20 103W XL BSW
Road Hugger GT Ultra prices range from approximately $95 and up. But, you may also find occasional rebates, discount prices, coupons, and special offers on this tire.
The Road Hugger GT Ultra comes with a limited tread warranty of 50,000 miles.
In this review of the Road Hugger GT Ultra tire, we have discussed every detail of it that you should know. And you will find a number of very good tires in the budget UHP all-season category and the Road Hugger GT Ultra tire is another good name in the same class. It provides excellent dry traction and a more than capable grip on the wet pavement.
Its cornering grip is another plus for this model. In addition, its steering response and on-center feel are much better than the other lower-priced offerings. Although traction on snow and ice is feasibly the biggest downside to this tire, it is an issue that you will find with nearly every all-season tire.
Overall, in conclusion, we can say that if you’re on a tight budget and looking for a better than average UHP all-season tire then the Road Hugger GT Ultra tire is really a nice option to go with.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where to buy Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire?
You can buy the Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire from any of the following providers for quick and breezy service. We recommend you to buy the Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire from Amazon, and DiscountTire for the best deals.
What is the warranty that is provided with Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire?
The manufacturer provides a warranty of 50,000-mile tread warranty. You can check the precise details on their official website.
What is the speed rating for Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire?
The Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire is rated W, which translates for a rated top speed of 168 miles per hour, make sure to get the right model for your needs.
What type of tire is Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire?
The Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire is an All-season tire, which performs the best on dry and wet roads, avoid on snow roads.
How much noise does the Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire make?
The Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire is a silent tire and provides a comfortable driving experience.
Does Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire justify its price?
In our opinion, the Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire has sufficiently great reviews, and there would be no reason to move away from choosing the Road Hugger GT Ultra Tire.
So, this was our Road Hugger GT Ultra tire review and we hope this will help you to decide your ideal tire.
Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Check out Best Honda CR-V Tires Reviews 2021