Having the right set of tires is very important for the performance of your car especially for SUVs and trucks. Because they are becoming popular day by day, mostly due to their all-round capabilities. Also that they deal with a variety of terrains and weather conditions on the trail as well. That’s where all-terrain tires come in. So, if you’re looking for the best all-terrain tires for your truck, commercial van, or SUV then this article is for you.
All-terrain tires are designed keeping in mind the needs of tire drivers that must emphasize precise handling along with tremendous grip. With the number of models available today It becomes difficult to know which tires are suitable to put in your vehicle.
Here at TopTireReviews, we have listed below the 10 of the best all-terrain tires that you can buy. And we are going to cover the areas like traction and grip on dry and wet surfaces, comfort levels, noise, etc for all the tires listed here.
So, without any further delay let’s begin to dig into the list of the top 10 best all-terrain tires for the highway.
Top 10 Best All-Terrain Tires for Highway Driving
Look no further than the Continental TerrainContact A/T if you want an all-terrain tire to will work perfectly on the highway. But, off-road traction suffered a little bit especially in mud or rock crawling. Also, you have to be careful when driving over sharp edges as its construction isn’t the toughest.
However, if you go off-road rarely then Continental TerrainContact A/T is gonna serve quite well. Meanwhile, for on the road or highway driving it is one of the best options as a responsive all-terrain tire. And talking about the steering, it feels linear. Apart from this the handling and highway stability are also very good.
In addition, it offers ample traction and grip as well. Moreover, its performance over wet surfaces is pretty impressive and the hydroplaning resistance is excellent. Although the ride quality isn’t soft, it can roll-out small and large bumps. In addition to what has been said the tread howl is very quiet.
Undoubtedly, Continental TerrainContact A/T is a great highway companion with a 60,000-mile treadwear warranty which is outstanding.
Check out full Review Continental TerrainContact A/T Tire
- Smooth ride quality, even on very harsh surfaces
- Supremely quiet on the road, even at higher speeds
- Reliable performance on snow
- Strong braking in the rain
- Feels very responsive, especially for an all-terrain tire
- Outstanding stability and grip on the street
- Exceptional traction in rainy conditions
- Very long tread life and a 60,000-mile treadwear warranty
- Far from the toughest for driving over rocky surfaces
- Doesn’t work well in mud
The Michelin LTX A/T 2 matches the Continental TerrainContact A/T in almost every way. The LTX A/T 2 by Michelin is an ideal all-terrain tire for both on the road as well as off-road driving. And for highway driving, we highly recommend Michelin LTX A/T 2 tire.
To mention further its steering is quite responsive and also delivers good cornering grip even on fast-drive mode. Additionally, traction and braking are outstanding in this all-terrain tire. The Michelin LTX A/T 2 goes further to impress us with its performance on the wet pavements along with its excellent hydroplaning resistance.
There’s also ample traction on snow surfaces as well. Michelin has undoubtedly succeeded in designing the LTX A / T2 tire in such a way that it is among the best in its category. Besides, they also kept in mind the fact of comfort and ride quality. That’s why the comfort and ride quality of Michelin LTX A/T 2 is smooth over most surfaces.
Well, on the other hand, Michelin also provides a 60,000-mile treadwear warranty which is excellent for the category.
- Responsive steering
- Exceptional performance on dirt and gravel
- Very quiet and comfortable on the road
- Outstanding traction and grip on wet surfaces
- Excellent performance on snow
- Very good handling on dry surfaces
- Very long tread life and treadwear warranty
- Not the best option for rock-crawling
- Not the best option for deep mud
In our list of best all-terrain tires, Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 comes at number third. Bridgestone focused on making a tire that will work better on the road and off-road as well. But no one associates it with off-road. Therefore, in many aspects, Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 performs just like the Michelin LTX A/T and TerrainContact A/T.
So, we can expect a good performance by Dueler A/T Revo 3 on dry roads. It is relatively responsive and offers ample traction and grip along with excellent highway stability. Additionally, the Dueler A/T Revo 3 can perform very well in wet conditions as well. And having an impressive cornering ability and stopping distances, it gives close competition to its premium rivals in this area.
If comfort is what you are looking for, this product is one of the best. Because the ride quality and comfort are the real plus points of Bridgestone tires. Also, there’s not much tread growl even at high speeds.
Moreover, Dueler A/T Revo 3 comes with a 60,000-mile treadwear warranty on P-metric and a 50,000-mile treadwear warranty on LT-metric.
- Excellent grip and traction on dry surfaces
- Supremely quiet and comfortable for an all-terrain tire
- Very durable tread compound and long treadwear warranty
- Very good performance in rainy conditions
- Safe traction and braking on snow
- Outstanding responsiveness on the road
- Rock-crawling isn’t an option here
- Deep mud traction isn’t stellar
The Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 is a tire that works best on the road although you can get some off-road traction as well. We can say that it is among the newest additions to the all-terrain tire category And for street and highway driving the Geolandar G015 is quite responsive.
Being an all-terrain tire it offers ample traction and braking stability. Apart from this, you are gonna find a nice grip and stability even at a high speed. In rainy conditions, the Geolandar A/T G015 surprisingly continues to impress us as it performs almost at the level of its premium competitors on wet surfaces.
Moreover, its cornering stability is great and the stopping distances are short for this category. And talking about its performance on the icy surfaces then it gives good traction on snow although not the best in this category, the traction is quite nice in light snow.
Further, the ride quality is smooth and the tread growl is also nicely suppressed. Meanwhile, the company provides a 60,000-mile treadwear warranty on P-metric and a 50,000-mile treadwear warranty on LT-metric.
- Short braking distances and good grip on wet tarmac
- Long tread life and treadwear warranty
- Responsive and linear steering
- Excellent traction and grip on dry surfaces
- Feels very balanced and predictable in rainy conditions
- Among the quietest all-terrain tires on the highway
- Very smooth ride quality, even on rough roads
- Mud-terrain traction is below average
Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus grabs the number 5 spot in our list of best all-terrain tires. It gives a very nice performance as a highway tire. Like most of the Pirelli’s tires the Scorpion All Terrain Plus is very responsive and makes your truck or SUV feel planted in the corners.
Additionally, on wet surfaces, it performs impressively. It has ample traction to offer besides this it also makes the tire feel stable through the corners. Moreover, the hydroplaning resistance of the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus tire is also outstanding.
Along with all these, its traction over snow surfaces is quite good as well, likewise other all-terrain tires. And talking about its ride quality which is pretty nice but can be noisy sometimes, especially over rough surfaces.
The off-road performance of the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus is fine but if you take it in deep mud or over large rocks then it will suffer a bit there. Although the tread life is very good, the 50,000-mile treadwear warranty is slightly shorter than its best rivals in this category.
- Very good snow traction, handling, and braking
- Excellent hydroplaning resistance
- Very good wet traction and braking
- Outstanding performance on hardpacked surfaces
- Excellent handling and responsiveness on dry roads
- Very good highway stability
- Noisy over rough surfaces
- Not the best option for deep mud
- The sidewall isn’t as tough as some real off-road tires
As you may know that Goodyear holds a good name in the tire industry. And the Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure tire by Goodyear is known for its outstanding off-road traction. This tire delivers solid performance over hardpacked surfaces, mud terrain as well as rocks.
It is also tough and durable because it can resist sharp rocks easily. Although it is primarily an off-road tire, the Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar performs very well on the highway as well. Moreover, its stability and cornering grip are very good.
On the other hand, the traction is superb even on wet surfaces. To add further, on Unpacked Snow its traction is probably the best in the all-terrain category. However, its ride quality is smooth on most surfaces but still, the tread growl can be heard easily.
- Good performance on the road
- Best-in-class 60,000-mile treadwear warranty
- Outstanding traction on every slippery surface
- Excellent over unpacked snow
- Noisy on the highway
The BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 gives tough competition to the Goodyear Wrangler All-terrain tire and also resembles it in many ways. First of all, it is quite durable like that of the Goodyear Wrangler. Besides, its overall off-road traction is also brilliant.
The BFGoodrich T/A KO2 all-terrain tire makes you feel safe while driving on the road which is a bonus point for an off-road-focused tire. Meanwhile, it offers ample traction grip through the corners along with top-notch longitudinal traction.
And on wet surfaces, you won’t have to worry because it gives enough traction there. Additionally, KO2 comes with a 50,000-mile treadwear warranty which is good enough for the category. But the ride quality is of average level and it can be noisy on the highway as well.
- Excellent traction and braking on snow
- A very tough and durable compound
- Very good street performance
- Usable in deep mud and over large rocks
- Outstanding off-road traction
- Noisy on the highway
The next name that comes in our list of best all-terrain tires is Falken Wildpeak AT3W which seems to be an outstanding tire for the off-road devotees. The best part is that it gives ample traction on every kind of terrain all because of the aggressive tread pattern with deep grooves.
Regardless of the tread pattern, this all-terrain tire is able to drive on the road impressively. Along with good grip and traction, it also has excellent cornering stability. Additionally, its performance is quite good on both wet as well as icy surfaces.
Moreover, the Wildpeak AT3W is reasonably priced which consequently makes it an ideal option for budget-minded buyers. Although the ride quality is good, the tread growl is noticeable.
Besides all these, this all-terrain tire is tough and durable and to add further the company offers an excellent 55,000-mile treadwear warranty as well.
- Very safe on the road, both over dry and wet surfaces
- One of the best all-terrain tires for off-roading
- Excellent 55,000-mile treadwear warranty
- Fair price
- Outstanding performance in snowy conditions
- Tire roar at high speed
The Road Venture AT51 by Kumho isn’t the most appealing all-terrain tire for highway driving as there are other better options available to consider among the all-terrain tires. But it stills can perform quite well when its price factor is considered.
In addition, it will offer excellent traction over hardpacked surfaces and even on rocky surfaces as well. Meanwhile, its traction on mud surfaces is average but that’s a matter with most of the all-terrain tire.
Most importantly, it works amazingly well on snow by providing excellent traction and braking to the driver. Above all, we can say that the Kumho Road Venture AT51 tire is safe for daily driving. Also, the company provides a 55,000-mile treadwear warranty which is amazing for this price.
- Excellent traction and braking on snow
- Long tread life and excellent treadwear warranty for the price
- Very good off-road performance
- Safe handling on dry and wet roads
- Very good value for money
- Busy ride
- Deep mud traction is only adequate
At last but not least Sumitomo Encounter AT grabs the number 10 spot in our list of best all-terrain tires. We gave this tire the final spot because its performance is average, comparable to other all-terrain tires.
If its price is to be considered which is relatively lower than the other tires on this list you’re gonna find that although you are paying less, you are not getting a degraded product.
For instance, it comes with an outstanding 60,000-mile treadwear warranty. And safe handling on the dry roads as well. To add further, its off-road traction is good and also gives ample traction over unpacked snow.
Meanwhile, Sumitomo Encounter AT does suffer a little bit in rainy conditions. But overall, for the price the Encounter AT tire by Sumitomo is a very good option to consider.
- Outstanding 60,000-mile treadwear warranty
- Safe handling and braking on the road
- Usable over unpacked snow
- Excellent performance on dirt and gravel
- Tough and durable construction
- Wet traction is worse than the premium competition
So this was our complete list of the top 10 best all-terrain tires for highway driving. And we hope that the list above will help you find the appropriate tires for your truck or SUV.
And if you travel long distances on the highway, drive regularly on the trail, or your recreational activity involves driving on the road in rugged and difficult terrain where handling, grip, and durability are highly valued then you should buy and equip your truck or SUV with all-terrain tires.
In other words, to ensure safety, long-lasting performance, and driving enjoyment you must look to purchase all-terrain tires. With that said, the list of best all-terrain tires here at TopTireReviews makes this task easy.
Check Out Our Best Tire Reviews
- Top 10 Best Tires for Chevy Silverado 1500
- Sumitomo Tires Review – The Ultimate Sumitomo Review
- Best 5 Tires For Toyota Prius – 2021
- Top 10 Best ATV Tires for Mud
Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.